Notices

OSO and its competitors?

Old 10-02-2002, 06:08 PM
MIdnightRider

I just liked the picture section, it semed a little more liberal. Though I do understand with advertisers why You have to be careful with the pics that are shown. I try and keep my pics here within reason. I do have many that I save for a place more appropriate. I will always be a diehard OSO'er. Though you may see me pop in to look at their Bikini Section now and then! Midnight

Lets make an 18 an older section here so I can see all of those LOTO photos everyone must be sitting on!

Old 10-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midnight,

Why don't you just go the LOTO photo's section on OSO to see the LOTO photos????

PS: The Havasu section is better...
Old 10-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Whoa Fred.....thanks for fixing that post. I thought Puder had grabbed your login.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Registered

isnt this kind of how the world works. someone opens up a burger place it does well and others copy the formula. you know they all sell burgers, have cash registers and kids who could care less working there. someone invented the car, others saw a good idea and copied. yes thats right the second guys car had 4 wheels doors and windows what a copy cat. Now we have a few choices for boat information sites and we are up in arms. nobody minds having choices in other aspects of life, dont have a problem here. just remeber some of us have had times we werent happy with OSO and some of US even left for while and went to other boards then came back. OSO wasnt the first boating site, it may be the biggest but i am sure someone else had the idea first, does this make OSO a copycat board??

thats my opinion take it for what you paid for it!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Too Old

If you enjoy one of the other sites, that's great. My point is, that I don't. I base my opinion on visiting those web sites.

In a world of politically correct, touch feely, double speak, I choose to call it as I see. It's my opinion. Nothing more. If you have lost respect for me because I feel free to voice my opinion, well, that's certainly your right. On the other hand, I have lost no respect for you simply because we disagree.

My point is not what site anyone chooses to visit. I visit 6 different sites. I am glad for you that you feel this site has ALL you need,so there is no need to go elsewhere. Maybe I am just not as complacent as you are.I have learned many things from many various sources.

My point is you stated that the other site has liberal bashings about OSO. That is totally false.
If you choose not to frequent the other site,how would you know this to be fact? Do you have anything to back your OPINION ??

So you see Too Old,my respect(or lack of)has nothing to do if we agree or disagree. But talking smack about another site you claim not to frequent is how I came to my opinion about you.
I guess I just mis-judged you in the past,and can now see you for what you really are.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

C'mom. Take a look at the posts on this first page.

Honestly, none that I've seen. If you can direct me to some, please do. Nothing I enjoy more than reading or discussing performance boats.

Too Old,what you have done is worked your way around my statement. You pointed out all the great boating topics,and then somehow became illiterate when it came to the rest of the topics.
Now try to follow me. I NEVER said there was NO BOATING info .
I STATED there were 9 topics on the 1st page(at the time I posted it) that WERE NOT BOAT RELATED.This was only in reference as the lack of boating topics on other sites.

Now as per your REQUEST,I will tell you a few of the NON BOATING topics that were on the 1st page.

1-----Resturaunts in San Frascico

2----Everything I own is for sale

3---If your as bored as I am,

Now Too Old,you will have to READ these to understand your request..

I am NOT saying that there is anything wrong with these topics,I am saying that ALL boating forums DON'T ALWAYS talk boats.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Registered

i have to agree with Too Old that this thread is deteriorating quickly.

let there be other boards. let too old do what too old wants to do. last time i checked this was america with the usual freedoms we all enjoy. go enjoy them
Old 10-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I can see this is deteriorating in a hurry.

Again, if you enjoy the other forum, hey, that's wonderful. You certainly don't need my approval. Likewise, I don't need, nor do I solicit your respect.

Too Old,again you have managed to circumvent the subject at hand. It is NOT about where I frequent. It is NOT about my respect you.

It is about taking RESPONSABILTIES for your actions. You TRASH talked another forum,and have yet to back your statement.I have asked you in numerous posts to validify your statement,but you choose to ignore my request. You see,besides me wanting to talk boats,I also like to talk truth.Care to give me some??

And your right,this is deteriorating fast,maybe now you can see what happens when people start talking **** and throwing stones.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Dredgeking
i have to agree with Too Old that this thread is deteriorating quickly.

let there be other boards. let too old do what too old wants to do. last time i checked this was america with the usual freedoms we all enjoy. go enjoy them

I think I live in the same America.But in here,I guess only what certain members have to say counts.

Sorry but I can't conform to that.
To quote the originator to whom my responses are directed:In a world of politically correct, touch feely, double speak, I choose to call it as I see.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

1Boatnut,

You seem quite on the defense here. Too Old gave his opinion about something he checked out, and perhaps decided not to go back for the reasons stated, and now the site is different. Perhaps this is a possibility? I can see that you’re getting pretty tweaked about this, but in reality, its just Internet content here, not Osama.

Happy boating!

Quick Reply: OSO and its competitors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.