Notices

Loto 2017

Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
Everybody has to make a living including the event coordinators. I reserved a slip thru Supercat every year to support the event which draws the boats I like to see to my location. Heck I did not get to use my slip at all this year due to mechanicals and I still paid for it. You get a hotel room a reserved slip parties and a bag full of stuff.

Just seems like a hassel to get a room with a decent view but whatever. I understand everyone has to make a living but I have booked a water side suite (room 601) for 3 years with no issue and this year and next I was told I can no longer book that room without being a super cat fest member or guest.

Just a pain but it is what it is, we booked 2 rooms like I had this year that had a channel view and got a slip all through the hotel it self.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
So a Skater t shirt doesn't count ? LOL.

I had a FPC shirt but it didn't seem to help
Old 09-01-2016, 03:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Easy if you go every year cause you have 1 st option to get a room year after year. But as new comers what a huge PITA. Made at least 60 phone calls for 2.5 days getting something that will accommodate 5 - 6 people. Really wanted to stay at the Camden ----- The Camden was nice but they are full with bigger rooms even for 2018. I kept getting the run around a bit - I did mention we will be in the run for 2017. My thoughts maybe certain places held rooms for drivers and crew - WHY would I think that ??? ---- because if there is no drivers and places for them to stay - then there is no shootout. Plus why would nt an event want and more new blood to enter the event. They need to rethink and replan that end of it. Surely not making easy for new comers to enter the event.

So Skater Cat or Supercat get together has a bunch of rooms that are reserved only for them. With that said they told me (the Camden) to call Alvin, I am sure he is a nice guy or whatever - I called and left him a message but no call back from him either. If Alvin is up here and reading this, I am sure you could have the time to call me back even with a sorry no rooms good bye . Anyways the reason why I wanted to book 364 days out cause I knew for a new comer it was going to be a CF along with the run around. I understand we are talking about a huge under taking for rooms, but it is a year away at this point. Next PITA is dock space jeez another CF. just saying.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am booked for 6 people but no dock space as of yet.

Last edited by BUP; 09-01-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Tons of places to stay on the lake guys...
Camden is nice but if you dont like how there dealing with you, there are plenty of just as nice places all over the lake.
Personally I believe there are much nicer places that appreciate the business more than they Camden shows to most people.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Camden is nice but if you dont like how there dealing with you, there are plenty of just as nice places all over the lake.
Personally I believe there are much nicer places that appreciate the business more than they Camden shows to most people.
I agree. Camden only got my money once... its all a 20 mile boat ride at max.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
Easy if you go every year cause you have 1 st option to get a room year after year. But as new comers what a huge PITA. Made at least 60 phone calls for 2.5 days getting something that will accommodate 5 - 6 people. Really wanted to stay at the Camden ----- The Camden was nice but they are full with bigger rooms even for 2018. I kept getting the run around a bit - I did mention we will be in the run for 2017. My thoughts maybe certain places held rooms for drivers and crew - WHY would I think that ??? ---- because if there is no drivers and places for them to stay - then there is no shootout. Plus why would nt an event want and more new blood to enter the event. They need to rethink and replan that end of it. Surely not making easy for new comers to enter the event.

So Skater Cat or Supercat get together has a bunch of rooms that are reserved only for them. With that said they told me (the Camden) to call Alvin, I am sure he is a nice guy or whatever - I called and left him a message but no call back from him either. If Alvin is up here and reading this, I am sure you could have the time to call me back even with a sorry no rooms good bye . Anyways the reason why I wanted to book 364 days out cause I knew for a new comer it was going to be a CF along with the run around. I understand we are talking about a huge under taking for rooms, but it is a year away at this point. Next PITA is dock space jeez another CF. just saying.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am booked for 6 people but no dock space as of yet.
Camden doesn't have very many rooms that accommodate more than 2 people in one room. (2 people sleeping in the same bed, that is.) If you need a place that sleeps 6 in the same cove check out http://www.shadygators.com/shady-complex.asp Shady Gators is right across the cove from Camden. They have rental houses and shuttles that go to-and-from Camden and Gator. Plus it's a short walk if it comes down to it. Maybe that might work better for you?

Last edited by TriPaC87; 09-02-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:16 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^^ Thanks - Have to say we met ----- you and your husband about 3 years ago, Feb trying to get to Miami boat show from DFW airport as we had to fly stand by. And of course the times after that in Miami. Do you remember that - you got a seat but your husband did not so you took it and left to Miami ? We got out much later that same day.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:56 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

So, where did you book a place at???
Old 09-02-2016, 08:07 AM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Best advice you could get right here.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ben
Best advice you could get right here.
For me I don't care how much love the hotel gives me, I want to be where the fun and excitement is.

Not looking for calm nights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.