Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dan Stomber boat builder Lapeer, MI Icon Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/341847-dan-stomber-boat-builder-lapeer-mi-icon-powerboats.html)

NitroSun 10-11-2016 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by mactech (Post 4490491)
I am simply defending a person I feel I know pretty well. I came here for some suggestions from boaters and ended up with a bunch of nonsense comments that weren't needed. They selected themselves to the judge and jury and roll out a verdict on a guy they know nothing about nor the transactions that took place based on some old info they found online. I just don't get it. I mean is that what their day consists of? If someone posted here that "scarabman is a scam and I found on google...." should that really be considered relevant? When did google become the utmost authority on verifying information? I wouldn't give the comment about you a second thought. But again I will reiterate, MY POST IS TO GATHER THOUGHTS ON THINGS BOATERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE ON BOATS IN THE FUTURE AND NOT FOR BORED FOLKS TO RUN A GOOGLE BACKGROUND CHECK FOR ME.

Why are you upset that people googled him when you say you googled him yourself? Why did you bother to google him if the results are irrelevant?
Your best bet for advice is to get ahold of a guy named Jim Darr. He knows a lot about the industry and he'll be happy to help.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-11-2016 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by NitroSun (Post 4490523)
Your best bet for advice is to get ahold of a guy named Jim Darr. He knows a lot about the industry and he'll be happy to help.

While your at it, get Bill Hionas involved for trades/financing and Chris Sunkin involved for marketing and lawn I beam/pool installations around the factory! :D

This Icon idea has trouble written all over it.

mactech 10-11-2016 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by NitroSun (Post 4490523)
Why are you upset that people googled him when you say you googled him yourself? Why did you bother to google him if the results are irrelevant?

I googled the company and relevant info regarding USCG wiring standards and his name was associated, seemed to be the appropriate thing to do as I am new to the marine instrumentation... I assumed this would be a friendly place to gather some info but it appears I was wrong. The negative comments that are unrelated to my question are irrelevant. The question wasn't about him, it was about what would YOU guys like to see as far as instrumentation on marine consoles? Actually pretty simple and straight forward.

baditude 10-11-2016 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by mactech (Post 4490548)
I googled the company and relevant info regarding USCG wiring standards and his name was associated, seemed to be the appropriate thing to do as I am new to the marine instrumentation... I assumed this would be a friendly place to gather some info but it appears I was wrong. The negative comments that are unrelated to my question are irrelevant. The question wasn't about him, it was about what would YOU guys like to see as far as instrumentation on marine consoles? Actually pretty simple and straight forward.

The MTI and Mystics have the best dashes I've seen on CCs I don't think you could do much more with them at the current time

SB 10-11-2016 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by sb (Post 4490482)
wireless position sensors / gauges for trim tabs and drive trim. :d

:d ;)

Padraig 10-11-2016 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by mactech (Post 4490548)

FWIW. Lazy, cheap research. Get out on some performance boats, help sponsor some poker runs, go to some races. Visit some boat builders. Visit some engine builders. You act like you are doing us a favor. Marketing research isn't easy nor is it cheap.

Padraig

phragle 10-11-2016 05:32 PM

Hey sparky...

I believe the guys here have been trying to save your azz not penetrate it...

NitroSun 10-12-2016 04:00 PM

My guess is that if you're a real person, and that's a big if, you'll be back in a couple months complaining how he ripped you off.

PowerplayDave 10-12-2016 08:58 PM

I have a pretty cool system in my race car. I can set vital information without watching the gauges. Example is oil pressure, there is a led ring around gauge at 50 psi the led lights at 40 psi it blinks and becomes brighter at 20 psi it rapid flashes and if it flashes like that for 3 seconds it will kill the ignition. All vitals are self programmed including the tach.

glassdave 10-13-2016 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by PowerplayDave (Post 4490915)
I have a pretty cool system in my race car. I can set vital information without watching the gauges. Example is oil pressure, there is a led ring around gauge at 50 psi the led lights at 40 psi it blinks and becomes brighter at 20 psi it rapid flashes and if it flashes like that for 3 seconds it will kill the ignition. All vitals are self programmed including the tach.

ProParts SPEK gauges?