Notices

Single Power

Old 10-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Offshore Addiction

bat boats will not go past my warlock,been there done that...sorry!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

offshore addition,

have you ever raced one? mr offshore claims his 22 foot batboat can outrun my 28 SABER in rough water, i find this VERY hard to believe. my SABER is known as an excellent rough water boat, in fact it was powerboat's offshore boat of the year 1994. these guys are very insistant that they can outrun much larger boats and i find it hard to buy. maybe his 28 can outrun my 28, who knows?, but a 22 footer, length and weight say otherwise.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Offshore Addiction

past them on the course many times

Old 10-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SABER28
offshore addition,

have you ever raced one? mr offshore claims his 22 foot batboat can outrun my 28 SABER in rough water, i find this VERY hard to believe. my SABER is known as an excellent rough water boat, in fact it was powerboat's offshore boat of the year 1994. these guys are very insistant that they can outrun much larger boats and i find it hard to buy. maybe his 28 can outrun my 28, who knows?, but a 22 footer, length and weight say otherwise.
I have a friend with a Saber 28 in San Francisco and I really like the way it looks and it does handle rough water very stoutly. Beats the hell out of you, but seems tough enough to take the pounding. I blow by him in my B24 like he is standing still in 4 - 6 footers and when it got to 10 footers by the Golden Gate Bridge he stopped when I kept going. Stuffed it at 65 once and came out the other side of the wave. I know everybody who has not been in one finds it VERY hard to believe so go for a ride in one. Everybody who has agrees that it is unlike any other boat. I agree the styling is maybe too radical for some, but everybody comes over to talk about it and says how awesome it is and how it looks like a rocket. Sure makes the argument about beaks on Fountains seem trivial - they are after all just like every other boat except the beak.

Like I said I agree that the B24 is not for everybody but those who are looking for the ultimate driving machine. The B28 is more like your normal 5 passenger open cockpit boat with wings that do tie up just fine to docks, other boats, etc.

As per the claim that a warlock is faster - it might talk somebody into buying your warlock, but I or anyone else with a BatBoat would be happy to prove you otherwise with witnesses. I'm not talking a 500 factory 1 boat against a stock 350, lets compare equal power. a stock 350 BatBoat goes 78 I think and a 500 factory 1 boat goes 82. Remember they kicked B28 out of A class because it had an unfair advantage running equal power. They won't even try to put a 350 into a factory class boat because it would not run 68, ten mph slower than a batboat. When my boat had stock 502 I was running 85. factor in the extra HP in Factory boats and mine would probably push 90 or so - clearly way faster. Of course I won't try it because I am used to cruising 85 - 90 with great acceleration to spare.

I am not looking to getting into a pissing match. Like I said before, if a guy wants a fast boat he should at least look into BatBoats as the most high performance one of the bunch. That fact is only disputed by those who can't believe it but have not actually been out in one. There are thousands of reasons he might pick another boat, just don't make it performance. blkspringer stated "I'm looking for a fast single engine boat" He didn't say fishing, skiing, camping, or any other consideration that may also be a factor. Not sure why the cat people didn't chime in because all I ever hear is how cats a faster the Vees.

Anybody in San Diego area want to be a reporter I will take you out and you can report back to the board that what I am saying is true.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

tom,

why does a 500hp batboat only run 4 mph faster than a 350 (C.I.D.?) blkspringer was looking at a fountain,so i am assuming he is looking at a recreational boat.

as to running in 10 footers, i would need to see video
Old 10-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out the 27 Activator. Call Mark @631 758-4121
Old 10-03-2002, 03:59 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

how mcuh do you want to spend? I haev a 26' scarab with a brand new 550hp 461 (454 .030 over) with cmis and a new bravo. (ceonverted from an alpha drive) Its an 87 hull but it has 2 brand new front bolsters will have a new rear seats new dash new guages new controls new k-planes and a rerigged engine compartment. E-amil me if your interested. [email protected]

I found a new boat i am interested in and if you're interested i'd like to move teh scarab. It does need to be finsihed but i could have it done in a few weeks I redid everything except a new paint job.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I thought we were comparing apples to apples here. When you bring in a Ocke Bat Boat, that's where the oranges come in.

I think of the Bat Boats kinda like Indy Cars. I love 'em, they are awesome, but they are purpose built. I like my boats like I like my women... Versatile!! (They go both ways.)

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-04-2002 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

JOHNJANS' 26' velocity has the same bottom as the VR-1 that holds the current apba F1 kilo record.

it's fast and handles like it's on rails.

but i do dig my 29' fountain a bit better.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by SABER28
tom,

why does a 500hp batboat only run 4 mph faster than a 350 (C.I.D.?) blkspringer was looking at a fountain,so i am assuming he is looking at a recreational boat.

as to running in 10 footers, i would need to see video
Mine was not a 500hp, it was 415 hp stock 502. It ran 7 MPH faster 85 - 78 and was as heavy as a B28 with extra stringers, etc. to handle the extra engine weight and HP. We planned while building it to up the HP - now 600+ - and wanted it to be strong enough to take the abuse I knew I would give it. I am currently running out of prop around 100 mph at 5200 rpm and am sending my props to Hill Propeller soon for hopefully an addition 5 - 10 MPH since I can run 6500 rpm for a speed pass.

I believe you can get two videos from Reindl Powerboats that explain the whole thing. You can vist them at www.reindlpowerboats.com and send them an email request at [email protected]

I agree he is looking at a fountain which is why I keep saying B28, the recreational version that seats 5 and is sized more like what everybody has been talking about.

Quick Reply: Single Power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.