Old 10-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a wild guess ... I don't know if he's blowing Bravos on a daily basis
Old 10-03-2002, 02:17 PM
Registered

I still don"t quite understand the theory behind this configuration.
There may be some advantage to this if you are racing, I think.
But to the average Offshore Joe like me my tabs are used to keep the boat level when flying wave top to wave top or when my beer battered buddies are all standing on one side going down the river.

I really dont see them being sensitive enough for fine tuning the ride or very effective for all around use.

I'm all ears to other explanations
Old 10-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

The X is a little deeper than what I would like, thought about running IMCOs 1" shorter. In 5 years with the 600s, running hard always out in the Ocean I haven't experienced a drive failure and I'm no throttleman. They are 3/4" lower than the DeLand Velocity race boat.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally posted by hot water
I still don"t quite understand the theory behind this configuration.
There may be some advantage to this if you are racing, I think.
But to the average Offshore Joe like me my tabs are used to keep the boat level when flying wave top to wave top or when my beer battered buddies are all standing on one side going down the river.

I really dont see them being sensitive enough for fine tuning the ride or very effective for all around use.

I'm all ears to other explanations

Normally the tabs are all the way up and if I do need them in the rough they only come down to even with the bottom. Not sure if it's the placement or just a very well balanced boat.

As far as sensitivity, these aren't the short 280 tabs, they are the 30" tabs, more than 3/4 down and I bury the bow.
This boat is very responsive to trim and tab. It a lot has to do with the balance of the boat. In 3's the trim is nuetral and the tabs are up, the boat runs the fastest like this.

When I had Steve build the boat I didn't know too much about real performance, I wish I knew then what I know now. There is no cabin in the boat, just a HUGE empty space with a few extra bulkheads added. He wouldn't leave it unfinished so it does have carpet, wife hangs over the side to pee. If I had to change one thing, I would like to see the cockpit two feet aft. I'd also like it to be a 36 Skater....

Last edited by mr_velocity; 10-03-2002 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 41 Velocity

Garry,

those lines sure look familiar! ..we're hoping to start on the motors this weekend..finally!

Keep in touch...

Marty
Old 10-03-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

I'd also like it to be a 36 Skater....
I wish mine was too
Old 10-03-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

Default Re: 41 Velocity

Originally posted by BODYSHOT1
Garry,

those lines sure look familiar! ..we're hoping to start on the motors this weekend..finally!

Keep in touch...

Marty

But how are those tabs mounted? I need to stop by and see the boat.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

MY INTEPRETATION IS THAT THEY WOULD FORCE THE BOW STRAIGHT DOWN
Old 10-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr. Velocity,
That would be cool to move the cockpit back or are you talking about adding 2ft in the cockpit? That would be cool to!! I was thinking about doing this in my old 30ft when I was redoing it!! If the X is only 3/4in lower that the race boat then they aren't to low!! It must have been how I was looking at it! Plus the bigger Velocity's have a lot of freeboard ( Tall hull sides )

And I'll back you up on the responsiveness of the trim in a Velocity!! I have never been in a boat that reacts so quick!! They even had a warning sticker on a 1990 I use to have!! It is very easy to take someone for a ride in a velocity and show them the advantage of Trim! That's why I bought my 22ft project boat!!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

Want the cockpit 2' smaller. I don't need all the room and it would be nice to have a little more deck in front of me. Could probably move it back even more and just do a 6 man bolster setup.

Nothing on this boat will change, it just sits on the lift now under a full cover. Haven't had time to use it much lately and I really want that Skater. It's been a great boat.

Quick Reply: check out how these trim tabs are mounted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.