Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run >

2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run

Notices

2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run

Old 02-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year was the first year for the Tappahannock VA. bunch everyboby had a great time just wish it was a little warmer on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everybody again hope we can get everybody together on Fridayagain. We have 4 or 5 boats coming and a few more riders. We all bought new boats since the last SML poker run and were ready to get back in the water. See everyone soon
Old 02-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Bernard's Landing still has availability. I just booked this morning. We are staying in Woodlands again, as you look at their map:
http://www.bernardslanding.com/Property_Map.htm

I booked a three bedroom place. I am not sure at this point how many we will use, so I may have some room. I will know in a few weeks.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Bernard's Landing still has availability. I just booked this morning. We are staying in Woodlands again, as you look at their map:
http://www.bernardslanding.com/Property_Map.htm

I booked a three bedroom place. I am not sure at this point how many we will use, so I may have some room. I will know in a few weeks.
Brian, let me know if you have space. I'm trying to "economize". It will be my wife and I, and my two open-minded teenage sons (who sleep on the floor/couch).
Old 02-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

NEVER SATISFIED, you Tappahannock people need to issue the RPBA a "formal" invitation so we can make a road-trip down there this summer. I used to spend every Memorial Day at the Southside Motel...
Old 02-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered

Cignificant you don't need a invitation to boat with us yall are welcome any time you like. We can put in at Tappahannock and run down to the bay its about 35 miles each way usually a good ride. Its a few good places to eat between Windmill Point and this side of Urbanna. We'll have to get some phone numbers so we can hook up this summer. How many people do you have signed up for the Richmond poker run. We have 4 or 5 boats that would like to run in it.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Never, don't wait too long. We're about half full. And the longer you wait the crappier slip you get.

What ramp do you all use in Tapp? Could I get a 35' in/out? I've got a duallie so ramp slope doesn't affect me...
Old 03-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Registered

We use June Parker Marina most of the time but you really have to watch the tide to get in and out no water at all at low tide. The best ramp for deep water at low tide is the one behind Southside Motel but the parking is very limited. They have been talking about cleaning out the creek going into the marina for several years but looks like nobody involved will make the first move to get it done. Its to bad because it is a nice ramp you can get 3 wide on the ramp and its only a few hundred yards to the river.We'll try to find out how many people want to go this week and get our entry forms in pretty quick. It sounds like a fun trip we don't want to miss it.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Hey Cig

The Tappahannock Crew is all set to go to SML and we will be ready for the richmond run soon.

Will How the hell you been!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donzi29

I am doing great I am living in FT Myers for the winter, thinking of moving down to Naples. Found a great house on the bay across from the Ritz Carlton, myself and some friends are thinking of renting it for the year. It will be like REAL WORLD Naples style, couple seadoos, and if I am lucky I will get the Fountain here soon.

I may be back up in VA for the summer, and the SML PR. Only time will tell.

WILL
Old 03-31-2003, 11:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sonny Spectre 30,

Is that you in front of me leaving the docks last year?

We'll see you guys again this year.
Attached Thumbnails 2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run-smithmountainpokerrun-start2002.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2003 Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.