Notices

Dear Donald Trump

Old 11-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

To be energy independent we need oil over 55 a barrel. That makes fracking worth while. We really need to start converting a lot of stuff to Nat gas. We always have that stuff coming out our ears. For decades they just burned it off at the well.
Either way we do not need 5 dollar a gallon gas like Obama kept it the first years of the rescission but at the same time 50 cent gas when the economy is booming is not good either but there is a happy medium. But nothing will happen to fuel prices until the rest of the world (Ven, Russia, opec) stops trying to pump and sell everything they can as fast as they can trying to strangle out others and prop up their own economy's.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

low gas prices are great except for the fact that my company is a major supplier to the offshore drilling industry. With the surplus, our business is extremely slow. That equates to rolling layoffs for hourly employees and very little investment money for us engineers to work with. I'd rather pay more for my gas and have a secure and prosperous career.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Dear Mr Trump,
Please have Melania stand next to Putin. He is like 5'7" and Melania is 5'11" without shoes. When Reagan and Gorbachev met Reagan getting out of the car, tall, hansom and with just a suit jacket on during a very cold day while Gorbi all bundled up looking frumpy sent shockwaves through the Soviet Union and was the real beginning of the end of them.
If Melania bends down to give him a hug its over and you have won. The papers over there will play it like mommy gave baby a hug, Little Russian man etc, etc

Thanks
Supporter

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 11-10-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

When gas is up, some another industry suffers. 99% of "other" families struggle. Farmers, etc. Energy folks (oil) only make up about 1% of workforce. It's always a compromise.
2004 a barrel averaged around $38 bucks. (today adj. $47.98) Money was being made, lives were good in the industry.
I have many friends out of work, lost businesses over this recent downturn, but I see it as a market correction. Doesn't put food on their plate though.

Upside: There aren't any more dead dinosaurs, so don't worry, it'll come back!
Old 11-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
low gas prices are great except for the fact that my company is a major supplier to the offshore drilling industry. With the surplus, our business is extremely slow. That equates to rolling layoffs for hourly employees and very little investment money for us engineers to work with. I'd rather pay more for my gas and have a secure and prosperous career.
Obama putting a ban on offshore drilling probably didn't help your company either.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Obama putting a ban on offshore drilling probably didn't help your company either.
Ok, here's my weird theory. Put your aluminum foil hat on!!!
I think the powers that be.....Illuminati, Knights Templar, Steven Spielberg, decided awhile back that we would just burn up all the oil in the Middle East and elsewhere and SAVE our reserves, which included offshore drilling. As more countries ran out of oil, they would have to buy from US, or turn to alternative sources of power which are neither cheap or reliable. (fight a war in Siberia, Solar power probably not good) In the end, we have all or most of the remaining oil for our war machines, and Emperor Augustus Trump the VI rules the world!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:05 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by CDShack
Ok, here's my weird theory. Put your aluminum foil hat on!!!
I think the powers that be.....Illuminati, Knights Templar, Steven Spielberg, decided awhile back that we would just burn up all the oil in the Middle East and elsewhere and SAVE our reserves, which included offshore drilling. As more countries ran out of oil, they would have to buy from US, or turn to alternative sources of power which are neither cheap or reliable. (fight a war in Siberia, Solar power probably not good) In the end, we have all or most of the remaining oil for our war machines, and Emperor Augustus Trump the VI rules the world!!!
Too funny, while back I was saying the same.

I' didn't know they said this, and I was saying this when gas went over $4 gallon. Literally I would say, I hope to god we use up there supplies first, along with other countries precious metals and etc. Then, we can close our borders and live off ours. Sounded great, however, issue at that point would be the whole world would be fighting for the death to get our stuff....so.....there needs to be a happy medium somewhere....while remembering whomever runs out first or etc, is screwed big time.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree on the fuel price thing, I voted for you, can Melania go out on the boat with me.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
While I would agree that it's good for the consumer, if oil prices go up, you will see a more active economy. For our business, higher oil prices equals more opportunities and activities, it's a double edged sword.

Also, if oil prices go up, you will see more people working, and better paying jobs. Soooo, while it's nice for boating and your expenses, the overall benefit is better if prices increase.
Maybe for you if your economy is basin off oil. Look around the country, it's doing a lot better with low oil prices. I see a lot better economy here in Michigan with these low prices. People are speeding money on other things than gas to get back and forth to work and fuel to heat there homes. There spending more money because of false scene of stability in the fuel cost. What ever buddy???? Every freeking time I have seen high fuel cost, economy takes a crap.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Registered

Ahh, a free market is a free market, are you suggesting the government should set oil prices? The first thing he should do is get rid of ethanol subsidies, if it's so great then it can stand on it's own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.