Notices

Dear Donald Trump

Old 11-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

No More Whitehouse For You !!

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 11-10-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Registered

PS,
Mr Trump, there has to be an important place for Kathleen Troia "KT" McFarland in your admin.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
No More Whitehouse For You !!

Buh Bye!!!
Old 11-11-2016, 01:14 AM
Registered

With all the ethanol subsidies, and the EPA up everyone's butt with special blends (16 I think) the added cost to a gallon of gas is about 36 to 42 cents. If we could just get them out of our fuel then we would have better gas at a cheaper cost, I have been told that food prices would go down also. NO E10 or E15, it uses more fuel for less power it also kills fuel systems over time.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
With all the ethanol subsidies, and the EPA up everyone's butt with special blends (16 I think) the added cost to a gallon of gas is about 36 to 42 cents. If we could just get them out of our fuel then we would have better gas at a cheaper cost, I have been told that food prices would go down also. NO E10 or E15, it uses more fuel for less power it also kills fuel systems over time.
As we used to say In my youth..... Right On!

Padraig

Last edited by Padraig; 11-11-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subsidies in general should be removed across the board, I know many sectors enjoy from these subsidy programs, There are even some on this board that receive subsidies in their fields. Fuel prices were typically regulated by supply and demand. Now fuel prices are in large part pure Tax and are manipulated by the stock market speculation and EPA regulations. This country is suppose to be a free market. Thus like any business or like Darwin stated. "Survival of the fittest". If a business or industry does not work produce or is just not viable then it must evolve or die. We all have to deal with adversities in our daily lives and evolve around these obstacles. For a long time we comment on todays society being cuddled. Politicians on both sides have been cuddling all industries and society with subsidies. Subsidies come out of all of our pockets. Many lobby the government for handouts. This country grew out of hard work and determination. Stop all subsidies, Use these funds for the national debt. Oh and the wall.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PG-13
Subsidies in general should be removed across the board, I know many sectors enjoy from these subsidy programs, There are even some on this board that receive subsidies in their fields. Fuel prices were typically regulated by supply and demand. Now fuel prices are in large part pure Tax and are manipulated by the stock market speculation and EPA regulations. This country is suppose to be a free market. Thus like any business or like Darwin stated. "Survival of the fittest". If a business or industry does not work produce or is just not viable then it must evolve or die. We all have to deal with adversities in our daily lives and evolve around these obstacles. For a long time we comment on todays society being cuddled. Politicians on both sides have been cuddling all industries and society with subsidies. Subsidies come out of all of our pockets. Many lobby the government for handouts. This country grew out of hard work and determination. Stop all subsidies, Use these funds for the national debt. Oh and the wall.
Agree mostly, but I think there is a legitimate place for SHORT-TERM subsidies, like in a fledgling industry, to help it get started. Nothing like today, where many many years of subsidies continue on, almost as an entitlement.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Registered

Respectfully, I disagree on the short-term subsidies (from tax dollars). As a taxpayer, you are then a forcible share-purchaser but with no chance at financial returns on your forced investment. There IS a place for short-term subsidies--that's what the venture capital market is for. People who CHOOSE to back new and risky ventures front operating money, with both risk and potential of return. All of that should be 100% private, freely chosen by willing investors. Anything else is another form of Solyndra.

There's another crime in any form of subsidies. Suppose you have a business and then something comes along to compete with you, and the government uses tax dollars to subsidize that. That's absolutely horrible. You are forcibly paying taxes that are being used to fund your competition. It's criminal.

TRULY free markets are the only moral approach.

Last edited by Ghost24; 11-11-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ghost24
Respectfully, I disagree on the short-term subsidies (from tax dollars). As a taxpayer, you are then a forcible share-purchaser but with no chance at financial returns on your forced investment. There IS a place for short-term subsidies--that's what the venture capital market is for. People who CHOOSE to back new and risky ventures front operating money, with both risk and potential of return. All of that should be 100% private, freely chosen by willing investors. Anything else is another form of Solyndra.

There's another crime in any form of subsidies. Suppose you have a business and then something comes along to compete with you, and the government uses tax dollars to subsidize that. That's absolutely horrible. You are forcibly paying taxes that are being used to fund your competition. It's criminal.

TRULY free markets are the only moral approach.
How do you feel about tax breaks (what the oil companies really get)?

Also on a side note, Boss says employees who agree with Trump's rhetoric should resign IMHO Grub Hub just opened themselves up for a bunch of lawsuits.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10...to-resign.html
Old 11-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Registered

I can't say I know a lot of the details of those sorts of tax breaks, but as a rule, I'm against both the specific breaks that get bought from politicians AND against most of the taxes in the first place.

(And I agree, the GrubHub jerk may well have plopped himself into legal trouble.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.