665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build >

665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build

Notices

665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build

Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

LOOKS AMAZING! Chits so Badazz!

They still offer Mechanical injection and claim its pretty awesome, a simple cost effective option over EFI.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 836 Likes on 355 Posts

Are those stacks going to be sticking through the hatch?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
LOOKS AMAZING! Chits so Badazz!

They still offer Mechanical injection and claim its pretty awesome, a simple cost effective option over EFI.

Yes and no. Mechanical injection works well at wide open throttle and idle, it's very difficult (not impossible) to get it to work well at part throttle settings. EFI gives you such much better control of fuel it makes an I.R. manifold a lot more usable in a normal, regular use environment.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Are those stacks going to be sticking through the hatch?
No. We are going to dyno with multiple stack lengths but ultimately the hatch is going to determine how tall the stacks can be.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:03 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

and possible another engine hatch with a scoop built as well for better air flow into the engine compartment and clearances needed for whatever.. Our main goal for that and other things to incorp in the mix will be LOTO shootout runs. I already have the scoop if needed but will see how well it all turns out beforehand.

After that the 29 basically will go / stay is its stock form - kind of like a boat to play & stay on plus tube behind and the next day enter in a poker run to be a darn great runner in the event as well.

Last edited by BUP; 02-17-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 900HP
Just an update, not a lot happening I'm completely buried with work. I have to get BUP's block work done in the next week or two though. Chad is supposed to be done with the heads tomorrow afternoon but I'm not ready for them so there isn't a huge rush right now. The intake manifold that has been on special order since September or so showed up today, I guess you could say it's not ugly

nice, I am ordering a setup like that for the 572 for my gasser a site called alkydigger does all the computer work with a holley fast self learning efi system.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Registered

This winter has been f'd up to say the least but at least I'm going on the big motor now and have some progress. I have to be off the dyno with it by the end of April so it can be shipped out to California for installation. Here are some progress photos of the block work I've done prior to final machine work. A lot of blending along with the installation of piston oilers and some extra venting/drains in the front. Most of these photos are roughed-in before final blending but you get the idea.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:47 PM
Registered

I also have the valve covers back. Bup's are the big block covers with valve spring oilers of course

Old 03-20-2017, 02:02 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I see a small scratch I do not like in the Valley. . You know I have to bust on you still..

I am laughing at yesterday. So Mark aka (900Hp) texted me pics of all this and the last pic is of course the 665 block with the yellow tape on - So I text back who s block is that ???? very seriously. I know he is thinking, jeez I just did all this work and dumb bell does not even know his own block after seeing 10 pics of it

Tell me you were not thinking that ? haha. You know I had to mess with you. I better shut up cause he might just say "I quit."

Thanks a bunch for the hard work. Will be coming your way not that far off.

Oh Giving you the warning beforehand so you can have your headache meds ready to take upon my arrival.

Last edited by BUP; 03-20-2017 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I see a small scratch I do not like in the Valley. . You know I have to bust on you still..

I am laughing at yesterday. So Mark aka (900Hp) texted me pics of all this and the last pic is of course the 665 block with the yellow tape on - So I text back who s block is that ???? very seriously. I know he is thinking, jeez I just did all this work and dumb bell does not even know his own block after seeing 10 pics of it

Tell me you were not thinking that ? haha. You know I had to mess with you. I better shut up cause he might just say "I quit."

Thanks a bunch for the hard work. Will be coming your way not that far off.

Oh Giving you the warning beforehand so you can have your headache meds ready to take upon my arrival.
Lol. Is Advil acceptable or should I get some Excedrin ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.