Notices

388 Hustler Slingshots

Old 11-30-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, first off I appreciate the congrats. We, like most here boat inland lakes and rivers. I don't really care to hear about "REAL OFFSHORE PROPS" as any validity in the statement will be exempt in this matter. How you raise your children - Now I know you yourself do not have kids, because if you did, you who most certainly know a 3 year old doesn't exactly follow orders like an E1... Much less her friends that may be along for the ride or accidental (yes they have those too...) slips. Yes when rafting we spend 95% of the time on the swim platform and floating behind it. Usually in groups. So, the guy that doesn't trim in completely during this tie up is quickly labeled the ******* and will either trim in or have it done for him. I suppose guards "could" work... I would probably be the one to fabricate bar stools to sit on them; "Wet bar" could be the boats name.

Last edited by Eliminated572; 11-30-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
I had one...loved the ride....loved the boat but developed a 12' long hairline crack on the bottom....mystery.
A friend also had a 388 .....he too had a bottom issue that was much more serious then mine....he sold the boat immediately after repair.
When I was involved owning it...I heard another bottom story...

Not saying anything but check bottom for cracks and/or repairs......
Very good info. Thanks bud
Old 11-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Registered

I had one...loved the ride....loved the boat but developed a 12' long hairline crack on the bottom....mystery.
A friend also had a 388 .....he too had a bottom issue that was much more serious then mine....he sold the boat immediately after repair.

Just curious as to where the hulls cracked.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Lots of misconceptions on this thread! WOW!!!

Overall cool boats with LOTS of good reviews, congrats on the sale and upgrade!

Arneson drives, or ANY drive on an extension box, are further back in the water. Plus the Arneson use the SAME propeller as EVERY REAL OFFSHORE outdrive.

I would much rather raise my children properly, and maybe install prop covers, then have the BRAVO BLUES....

Don't forget about rafting with friends that have drives hanging far off the back, Plus ANY ANY ANY prop WILL hurt when bumped into or fallen on. There are MANY cases where people have been sliced open with standard bravo 4 blade props.....
I don't think anyone will disagree with you...props on a bravo are dangerous and risk cutting people if they come in contact. The fact is ASD's are more dangerous for the reasons you stated. They are further back and utilize a klever style prop. Those are facts, not opinions.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

Hustler 388's are known for cracked bottoms. I know someone in CT that cracked there's...wondering if it's the same boat that you know?
Old 11-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminated572
Yeah, to each their own opinion. Obviously the man making a living on them will have a strong one... and I get that. But for us swimming around them, kids doing cannon balls, ect... well, just look at an ASD boat and tell me how you would like your kids back there??

1. Blowing up drives, kids do cannon balls off the back.
2. Badass drives, kids do cannon balls off the bow.

Hmmmm ... the choice seems so hard!!

3. Don`t be such a pu$$y.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
..... There are MANY cases where people have been sliced open with standard bravo 4 blade props.....
True. Never cut myself on my cleavers but sure did on my bravo props. There may be a false sense of security with Bravos whereas you stay the hell away from cleavers.

I won`t gross anyone out with picture of the wound
Old 11-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
True. Never cut myself on my cleavers but sure did on my bravo props. There may be a false sense of security with Bravos whereas you stay the hell away from cleavers.

I won`t gross anyone out with picture of the wound
Statistically there are probably more injuries with bravos because they outnumber klever equipped boats 100:1.

At least with merc stuff whether it's a bravo or #6 the cavitation plate offers some protection. With ASD there is nothing.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Registered

*****es, beer, and beats off back of boat. The bow is for bow riders and anchor bins. We chilling off the back!!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1

At least with merc stuff whether it's a bravo or #6 the cavitation plate offers some protection. With ASD there is nothing.
Nothing on a #4 or #5 ssm like icdedppl and i have. No cavitation plates. His picture gives a good view. Although, they can be added, and i think they can be added on an arneson as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.