Lets talk old performance center consoles >

Lets talk old performance center consoles

Notices

Lets talk old performance center consoles

Old 01-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lets talk old performance center consoles

Since moving to Florida I've been all about that salt life. Actually what is happening is I'm selling my 1250 hp Formula to purchase a house on a canal down here. However, house on canal is useless without some sort of boat. I think I want to get away from the big twin engine go fasts and go to a twin engine center console. I dig the looks of the older 30' scarabs cc and there are several in my price range (we will call it sub 17k). Are there any other brand skinny hull performance twin engine old center consoles I should be looking at? Not looking for a wide beam cc, those don't interest me, and don't have the look. Boat will occasionally be used offshore, so twins are a must.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Since moving to Florida I've been all about that salt life. Actually what is happening is I'm selling my 1250 hp Formula to purchase a house on a canal down here. However, house on canal is useless without some sort of boat. I think I want to get away from the big twin engine go fasts and go to a twin engine center console. I dig the looks of the older 30' scarabs cc and there are several in my price range (we will call it sub 17k). Are there any other brand skinny hull performance twin engine old center consoles I should be looking at? Not looking for a wide beam cc, those don't interest me, and don't have the look. Boat will occasionally be used offshore, so twins are a must.
Have you bought the house yet?
Be certain to get the house first.
You don't want to find the PERFECT house, and have to pass on it because you bought a boat that is too tall to fit under a bridge between your canal and open water. Be certain you look for these things in the listings. Most agents know about this stuff, and it's a bigger issue on the west coast than the east coast.

Accordingly, you may find yourself looking at boats with a folding arch/bimini type top vs. a center console with a rigid t-top.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Sydwayz makes an excellent point. Some other good CC's that fit your description -

Baja - made a 28 and a 34

Ocean Hawk/Cigarette - 33'
Old 01-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----If you got real lucky you might find a Gulfstream. Not many around, and no longer made, but they are great center consoles. I have a 33 but I believe they made one in the high 20s as well.......Bill S
Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

No no

First we need to build the tiki bar canal cruiser, then u can worry about the CC

As for bridges, if you are over by us all CC will fit under the north bridge. If you want to go south or inside of bannana river drive you can not have a fixed T top.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

quick google search got these,

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/Powe...Console/Scarab

https://moreboats.com/boats/wellcraf...ab-sport/40320

https://moreboats.com/boats/wellcraf...30-sport/98873

https://moreboats.com/boats/scarab/30-sport/81353
Old 01-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

Confederates used to be built in Naples years ago.

They are a pop off a 26 Monza hull. Good running hull. Also the 26 Monzas are around too.

Where you looking to move to in Florida ? I have been a resident of Naples for 30 years.

If I could move right now I would go to St Petersburg.

2/3 rds the price of Naples / Fort Myers and much prettier water .

It has great boating, fishing and diving , which is not usually doable on the West Coast but great in this area with good visibility and many reefs near shore.

Last edited by tommymonza; 01-06-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you don't need 30 (or the budget doesn't allow a 30 w/twins), there's always 24 Jaws/Lorequin, the 26 Paramount, Spectre 24 SCS, 26 Scarab Sportster, or 27 Concept.
I'd probably still have my 24x7 if the fun governor didn't desire a cabin and sunpad.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 01-05-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
No no

First we need to build the tiki bar canal cruiser, then u can worry about the CC

As for bridges, if you are over by us all CC will fit under the north bridge. If you want to go south or inside of bannana river drive you can not have a fixed T top.
****. Didn't even think about the bridges. Glad you chimed in on that. Didn't even think about clearance being an issue. Maybe I will have to rethink a fixed top boat.

And all you on the canal cruiser. I'll put in some sweat equity on it though.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
If you don't need 30 (or the budget doesn't allow a 30 w/twins), there's always 24 Jaws/Lorequin, the 26 Paramount, Spectre 24 SCS, 26 Scarab Sportster, or 27 Concept.
I'd probably still have my 24x7 if the fun governor didn't desire a cabin and sunpad.
Who builds a 24/7 center console?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.