Notices

ASD's in the rough

Old 01-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
The problem is that the boats are built with bravo garbage in the first place. If they were built with Arnesons and didn't have to be converted, the price difference isn't bad at all.
Very true. Merc. Big fish . GM type deal. Product s built good enough to sell to masses and make money. Niche market, high end better product that performance is better,strong, etc. Cost a lot to bring to market. Not bad when you consider big picture.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 70 Posts

I've had TRS,Bravos,Speed masters,Arneson conversion is by far the best system ever developed.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
You actually thought Tim knew what he was talking about? Lol of course arnesons are superior in every way to TRS.
Lol i dont know him or much of the history on here between you all. I previously wondered if they would stay hooked up in big water since they aren't as deep in the water. Lots of threads on OSO about ASD's but none really addressed this question before. Faster, stronger, rooster... no drawbacks except conversion cost and cleavers up your ass when cannonballing off the back of the boat, got it.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by baditude
A little rougher water arnesons

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HVpWbH6i7lU
Sweet seeing the drives in action. LULZ at 5:06 you can see the 2 lost go pros flying through the air
Old 01-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course Tim thinks TRS are superior... that's what he has. Hence, they are the best thing made
Old 01-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Trs boat is better than no boat imo
Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Trs boat is better than no boat imo
Strong point ��*♂️

Old 01-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I did experience a ASD issue coming into haulover on a big day. I was in my 382 NXT boat following a 382 ASD boat. We were off plane and haulover was stacked about 4-6' with the tide going out, wind blowing behind us. I set my NXT's at about +5 to lift the bow as much as it would, Tabs up. The 382 in front of me also trimmed up a bit to lift. He went over one, the surface drives popped out and he went under the next 2. Blew his hatches open and flooded the cabin. Surprised he didn't break the windshield. I was 75' behind him and did not even get any spray at the exact speed. This may have been the only time Kevin was unhappy with the setup. May be operator issue but Kevin owned that boat for 5 years without a similar issue. Please no rants. I'm just sayin.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:36 AM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have ran Arnesons on my 42 ft 17,000lb Harley Sportfish for many years.
This boat is used hard approx. 150 hours per year, and have never had a drive fail (ever). It can weigh well over 20,000lbs when loaded with ice, bait, fuel, and fat guys, and is used offshore for the most part cruising anywhere from 18 to 40 mph, depending on how big the water is. There is no way a bravo or TRS would live a reasonable amount of time under such conditions. I am continuously puzzled about the negative “traits” that seem to pop up on these forums in regards to Arnesons, and have come to realize the negative comments come from folks that have never owned them.

Traits I have witnessed with my own eyes after caring and feeding a set of ASDs for over 15 years:
The Good:
Efficient, trouble free, good dock handling, and low maintenance.
The bad (kind of)
Not as much reverse thrust, may take a few sets of props to get boat dialed to exactly what you want.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBO JET
Can you name the drawbacks.
eats the trans up, but is a cheap fix, just a pain to switch out.