Who Sells 525 Fuel Filter? >

Who Sells 525 Fuel Filter?

Notices

Who Sells 525 Fuel Filter?

Old 02-25-2017, 11:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hope this helps 11 month OEM filter in use - I just cut it open 2 days ago.

http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/jm...?sort=3&page=1

Let me know if the pics open up to view.

Also keep in mind we have high humidity and big temp swings. Look at the corrosion and there was no water in this filter when I drained into in a clear glass jar. All pump gas here is E 10 and some boaters dump a lot of fuel additives in their fuel in which a lot of those additives have a form of alcohol. All of this adds to problems and like I said working in anything as a tech that person should NOT have to perform an autopsy before and after installing their OEM parts. I think all can agree with these statements, I am tired of explaining to my own customer base why I use the parts that I do. Will never use Merc filters for anything period. I have more pics of Merc filter offerings that really are a POS right out of the box. Will post them soon..

Last edited by BUP; 02-26-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:52 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just got 2 brand new OEM Merc fuel sep filters in today . UNTOUCHED and straight out of the box. One is do not like that coming in the cheap box they are an unwrapped filter. Bugs and dirt can get into them just sitting in the shelf. Especially in a dirty warehouse.

All of page 1 and 3 photos on page 2 are from today cutting open the BRAND NEW filter. The glue is intact holding the spring in place against the black pad, When gas sits for a short period of time in the filter the glue breaks down first . Anyways no difference still a POS filter even brand new - Very small filtration as will see in the pics the width of my index finger.

They say product of USA on them. Jeez that helps especially when cheap Taiwan Sierra fuel filters show better construction, quality and come fully wrapped in the box so they do not get contaminated internally.

These are 25 Micron rated. FYI

Check the pics out below in the photobucket. Page 1 and 3 pics on page 2 for the BRAND NEW FILTER. . Since my last pics the silence was deafening.

http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/jm...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by BUP; 02-27-2017 at 06:23 PM.