Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...erdrive-8.html

Lots of info in that thread
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read that this morning. Oh my. $35,000
a drive. The boat I'm looking at has badazz looking twins. I'll have to hire security to just watch the boat. Sure seem to be the schizz tho...
I like the fact that they're rare and unique.
Anybody can own an IMCO...
(thought I might liven things up)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:25 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to call xpower and buy some drives about 14-16 months ago and couldn't get anywhere.

I'm running the SCX's with 1400 BP lowers with 6 shafts. I ran the same setup with a 1.3 gear and XR prop shafts before. IMCO's service is crazy. They rebuilt a drive for me in 3 days.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

No argument from me on IMCO's service.
I boat at Lake Mead and had a steering ram of theirs spring a leak. Took it to them locally and they just handed me a new one, no charge. Probably just to get rid of my ugly face. You are running way more power than most no doubt. But you have had at least one of your drives rebuilt in less than 2 years? Including installation, rebuild, etc., how much do you have invested in your IMCO's?
Old 03-10-2017, 12:08 PM
CLA
Registered

I do all my own work. I have a mega lift and a shop at my house. So labor is free.

I have 4 each SXC's with 1400 lowers. 1.5 gear with #6 prop shaft and 1.3 gear with XR shaft. I like to do a lot of setup testing. So about 60 in drives.

I broke one running offshore for 47 miles. I was running very hard working the throttles. When I got it on the trailer I spun one prop and it was crunchy. IMCO rebuilt it fast.

This is my boat http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...ng-o68700.html
Old 03-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Always wondered what heaven looked like.....well done and more than a nice badazz ride. That info helps a lot. With what you have invested you're still cheaper than two X Powers. Plus there's no price on IMCO's service. If I get a plane ticket, beer, fuel and general all around swabbie ....
maybe a ride someday?
Michael
Old 03-10-2017, 12:54 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
I do all my own work. I have a mega lift and a shop at my house. So labor is free.

I have 4 each SXC's with 1400 lowers. 1.5 gear with #6 prop shaft and 1.3 gear with XR shaft. I like to do a lot of setup testing. So about 60 in drives.

I broke one running offshore for 47 miles. I was running very hard working the throttles. When I got it on the trailer I spun one prop and it was crunchy. IMCO rebuilt it fast.

This is my boat http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...ng-o68700.html
I noticed a Tarrant County area code in the phone number. Surely you are not running your boat in the DFW area lakes - that would be hard to unleash that in the area ponds. You live in Tarrant County ?
Old 03-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Hey BUP. Opinions are like a..holes. Everyone has one. But that X Power might be the bombproof drive for your
LaveyCraft .
Old 03-10-2017, 01:58 PM
CLA
Registered

Originally Posted by mbjhachapi
Always wondered what heaven looked like.....well done and more than a nice badazz ride. That info helps a lot. With what you have invested you're still cheaper than two X Powers. Plus there's no price on IMCO's service. If I get a plane ticket, beer, fuel and general all around swabbie ....
maybe a ride someday?
Michael
You can have a ride whenever you want man........

BUP, yes I'm in Tarrant County. I have a place at Lake Texoma and Lake Travis. Plenty of big fast boats on both. I also do the FPC runs and go to Kemah a lot.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
When people talk about X drive I always thought they were talking about the Merc X drive as in XZ gears which were the helo cut gears that were faster but less durable than the XR gear that Merc makes. Is this something different? Is this a Merc product ?
Newer drive system by pro road racer Bill Alberlen..... http://www.xpowerdrive.com/site56/index-2.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.