Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat shopping has become frustrating.... >

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Notices

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Old 04-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
This is the attitude you see with a lot of people our age. It's sad.........no offense.
None taken

I work in the auto service industry and the last thing I want to ever do after work is turn a single wrench anywhere on anything. Rather pay to have it done....there is ZERO joy in it for me.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the problem with painting one entire demographic with the same brush....you tend to get it wrong.

I'm 36, and most of my buds are Gen-X or Millennial. I've got a bunch of them coming over to my shop tonight to hang out and have some beers. 1400 whp owner built GTR, two different 650 whp C6 Z06s, 780 rwhp silverado, 940 rwhp K/5 Blazer, freshly finished and un dyno'd single turbo Viper, pro-touring big turbo Buick Grand National and a few more. Oldest owner in that group of cars is 37, youngest is 28.

Like has been mentioned...don't give up on the younger generations.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
None taken

I work in the auto service industry and the last thing I want to ever do after work is turn a single wrench anywhere on anything. Rather pay to have it done....there is ZERO joy in it for me.
Me too bro, but I wouldn't trade this life www.instagram.com/paperchaserelim for happy hour and tv shows after work. I'ma get my mine!!!! Sleep when I die.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
This is the attitude you see with a lot of people our age. It's sad.........no offense.
Just followed you on the gram. lol
Old 04-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
Me too bro, but I wouldn't trade this life www.instagram.com/paperchaserelim for happy hour and tv shows after work. I'ma get my mine!!!! Sleep when I die.
We all have different joys in life.

I had mine for little over 3 years and said I had enough. Got old, tired, and more of a hassle. My "fishing boat" is headache free, requires little wrench time, and keeps me at happy hour with my friends and little worries. That is my "happy" place.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM
CLA
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
We all have different joys in life.

I had mine for little over 3 years and said I had enough. Got old, tired, and more of a hassle. My "fishing boat" is headache free, requires little wrench time, and keeps me at happy hour with my friends and little worries. That is my "happy" place.
Good for you man my Dad just turned 70 and had to give up the 850 mercs/#6's and build a 390 nortech. So I feel ya. I still got a few good years........maybe 30-35 lol
Old 04-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
Good for you man my Dad just turned 70 and had to give up the 850 mercs/#6's and build a 390 nortech. So I feel ya. I still got a few good years........maybe 30-35 lol
I will always love the sound and the HP. That never gets old and I will still go to LOTO and other events but ya. I will be an O/B for the rest of my life moving forward.

The bikinis still flock in. Just need a good stereo and get the boat in the water.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:43 PM
CLA
Registered

Bro, I'm going OB's next cat. You can't beat them.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NautiSouth
Interesting thread.

I've heard the argument that lack of new boats in the market has inflated the prices of used boats. That's fair, I suppose. What if we looked at it from the other side of the equation, the demand side. Right now there are a population of performance boat enthusiasts, but that population is aging. I'm 35, and I have only one friend my age who owns a go-fast boat. My other friends don't have the interest in mechanical things to keep a performance boat going.

I foresee a significant drop in demand for these used boats as the enthusiasts age out of the market. I foresee the same thing happening to classic cars. Gen X-ers and Millenials aren't the wrenching types that the Boomers were.
same thing is happening with Harley's as we speak
Old 04-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
Bro, I'm going OB's next cat. You can't beat them.
It has been a serious thought for sure. Always been a big fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.