Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat shopping has become frustrating.... >

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Notices

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Old 03-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE
Lots of great comments on here. Another question: why the trend towards these center console boats? Am I correct at seeing that someone like Sunsation only makes center consoles now? Why would Sunsation stop building closed-bow boats all together?
Adapt or fade away. They can't build enough of the 32 CC's. Nobody is knocking on their door to build a $600K F-4 or $300K+ 36SS.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all alacantra or real leather , bling , bling , is a massive profit maker / wish I was a boat builder , with an in , can we say mark up massive profit on the blingy bro parts stuff ???
Old 03-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 244 Posts

Back on 1980 we used to sell our 18 Baron/ power quests with a Merc260 and a very nice tuck and roll interior and sun pad for 8 grand.

We were giving them away because of the economy but there was still some profit there.

I was at the Grand Rapids boat show last month and was blown away by the amount and variations of pontoon and ski boats , all with ridiculous prices.

We looked at a 28 foot cruiser style boat that was 300 grand, it made Baronmarines formula 40 SS look like a Huge gift for a third of the price.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Easier boating with O/B's, speeds that are more than ok for most (70+), and room for friends.

We all have different taste and for some (myself included) a nice CC fits the needs more than a closed bow I/O.
Nate,

Isn't statements entry level twin CC 225-275k?

Is that something you are looking to get into or you going with a trip?
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Registered

CC are like riding in the front of Corvair with the hood off. Looks like fun until you hit the speed bump.
I just can't see anyone going 80 mph sitting in front of the CC. OK flat water you can. If you like theme park rides your good to go.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

I will stay with my AT.

If I was going fishing a lot CC all the way.

Grand sport center can help you find that gem your looking for.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

It is safe to say no matter what type of boat you are looking for if you are looking at new you are looking at mid to high triple digits witch makes a good used boat worth more.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by LOTOWONTOPGUN
CC are like riding in the front of Corvair with the hood off. Looks like fun until you hit the speed bump.
I just can't see anyone going 80 mph sitting in front of the CC. OK flat water you can. If you like theme park rides your good to go.
To each his own I guess. How often do people ride in the cabin of a sport boat at 80 or ever? CC's can be configured anyway you want them. 2 rows of bolsters, w/ a bench for example. The 25% engine compartment, 25% cockpit, 50% cabin layout was not working for me.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Nate,

Isn't statements entry level twin CC 225-275k?

Is that something you are looking to get into or you going with a trip?
Yes, their entry is a 35 with twins for about that $225K range........too rich for this guy currently. I am just lucky and good friends with Nick and the crew so I get to be on those beautiful boats often is all.

We are looking at a Scarab 302 Sport or something along those lines currently with twins.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by LOTOWONTOPGUN
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Guessing you have not rode in many or realize the tech that is out there in some.

I can promise you they don't ride anything like that. maybe something like my current bay boat does but a Statement, No-Tech, Cig, Mystic, and etc do not ride like that at all.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Registered

When I rode in my first drive of a 33 Concept with 250 Johnsons, it was like a bullet out of the hole, rode decent, the outboards were loud and had to be run at "high rpm" and when we got into some
choppy stuff with some cross wind etc, the leaning post seating setup sucked. We weren't running more than mid 40's mph, but I sure missed the secure seating that the bolsters give. I have
never been a big outboard guy, but I thought the CC would be cool. They look cool and can seat a bunch of people. But, I miss the sound of the big blocks in the background.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.