Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Dealers who don't reply to inquiries, what would you do? >

Dealers who don't reply to inquiries, what would you do?

Notices

Dealers who don't reply to inquiries, what would you do?

Old 04-07-2017, 04:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

I will send a Money Order and gladly pay you extra for your time. Just send me your PayPal accnt info LOL
I get this text chit all the time from CL adds .
Old 04-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well call them , some dealers list their cell # / we get so many on line kicker tires and genuine trolls it is not a joke / we need to call our biz BABY SITTERS INC as that is all we ever get done grown ones some even have run businesses
Old 04-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Dealers are not sitting on inventory like they were a few years ago, in many cases the boats are selling as fast as they come in. Granted there is always exceptions due to price point, age etc... But traffic at the dealerships is UP exponentially. Internet advertising is where everyone starts looking, but if you are serious, make the call or make the trip. believe it or not, personal interaction is still the best sales tool and understanding where both sides are, simplifies expecting something that isn't there.

I realize many people have forgotten how to talk, they only understand type.... I am just saying, a internet site is an advertising tool, Personal relationships is how to close the deal...

Just a personal side note, and please don't take this wrong, but if I get anything on my business site from a outside the U.S., I generally consider it to be a fraud issue and likely will not even open the email. Unfortunately the spammers have created this mistrust...
Old 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

As the OP, it's time to update......

I've bought a boat from a regular advertiser on OSO. I did have to email them twice before getting any response but everything was agreed very quickly and settled in full. Now I have a few months wait before the new toy arrives.

When the boat arrives, I'll post a thread thanking the dealer and the shipping company for their service. If I open the shipping container and see a 30 year old Bayliner with a Tohatsu outboard, I'll post in the scams and warnings section!

Very big thank you to the numerous OSO members who offered help in my search. I received PM's from a few saying they'd inspect something in their area for me and also had conversations with guys about their boats for sale. Hope I can give something back one day.

Cheers.
Jon

Last edited by rak rua; 05-04-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

so by looking at your avatar ,you bought another Fountain?lol
Old 05-05-2017, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally we look at every email inquiry. If its the typical " How much" and nothing else we tend to put it on the back burner. At that point we suggest they call us and that usually filters out the basement dwellers. We answer our phones all the time and emails early in the morning or later in the day. Our client base is from a long distance at times and they seem to come because we took the time to work with them on a purchase or solution before we even see their face. We ship parts to the US or anywhere, sometimes not making a dime on it but just trying to give back to this group, We cant please everyone but we respect their time spent to contact us.