Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun >

Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun

Notices

Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun

Old 06-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Have to love boating lake erie.... get hit from the left, get hit from the right now duck her comes one over the bow. Then start all over again and again and again
Old 06-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed up for the Erie poker run hoping the water was gong to be rough as I have been trying for 30 years to get some decent rough wayer shots of the boat. Needless to say it was rough and we got some great shots. The boat ran great and my wife and Matt were both fairly comfortable as I asked them both several times if they were okay, even after I got caught a little off guard and took one over the bow, soaking us and removing my windscreen, go pro and goggles, every one was still all smiles. Thanks to Tony for putting on a great run, location is great . Fellow boaters were all great as well , we made many new freinds I will be back next year for sure.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:39 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by check300
We tried a bunch of different speeds and you are correct, 25 to 30 was all we wanted. There was no discernible pattern so it was impossible to get a rhythm.
Brings back memories..... LOL
Attached Thumbnails Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun-p1236985754-5.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-26-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by hardcore
I signed up for the Erie poker run hoping the water was gong to be rough as I have been trying for 30 years to get some decent rough wayer shots of the boat. Needless to say it was rough and we got some great shots. The boat ran great and my wife and Matt were both fairly comfortable as I asked them both several times if they were okay, even after I got caught a little off guard and took one over the bow, soaking us and removing my windscreen, go pro and goggles, every one was still all smiles. Thanks to Tony for putting on a great run, location is great . Fellow boaters were all great as well , we made many new freinds I will be back next year for sure.
Your boat is awesome, love it. Hope to see it one day. Sweet shots running in the snot.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like this will be the annual rough water run.. Been rough every year so far. Glad nobody got hurt
Old 06-27-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I wanna go
Old 06-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hardcore
What is Erie like compared to bumpy Georgian bay ?? I can't wait to see that monster out this summer! Beautiful boat!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Does anyone have any video of this run????
Old 06-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
I know that the lake claimed more than one GoPro. Tony was in the helicopter taking video.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
a bunch are up on youtube now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.