Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand >

Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand

Notices

Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand

Old 07-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Found he rest of the door, in several pieces rattling around in he headliner! The door has a track on either side that runs between the deck and headliner. OK, how to get the pieces out..... pushing up on the headliner while lying on the bunk, I could push the bits towards the door opening then using a couple of screwdrivers, I was able to grab the ends and pull the bits out. No room to get my hand in and don't want to remove the headliner.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7111.jpg   Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7106.jpg  
Old 07-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Good luck with the new boat. It is beautiful!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can see in the second upside down pic (previous post) the panels fit together with a tongue and grove design. You can slide them into one another easily but there's no way to remove the channel for the completed door to be refitted. I managed to put a few panels at a time into the track on an angle and then click them into place starting at one side.

The last panel to go in was difficult because I had to join it to the lower part of the door as well, if you can understand that.?

Anyway, all done, feeling satisfied, just can't imagine how rough someone must have been to separate the door into pieces in the first place, let alone not fixing it! The roller door was only on the first of these I think, mine is hull number 7 but who knows?
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7113.jpg   Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_6681.jpg  
Old 07-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Any ZR owners know what the Hell is hiding in here.....I was too tired and hot to climb into the bilge and get stuck, thought I'd leave that for another day.

Starboard side behind the round access hatch, looks like a small reservoir nestled tightly into place.

EDIT: One possibility just occurred to me, the boat has a little Garmin which I'll probably never use, could be a transducer.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7100.jpg   Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7133.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 07-16-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like transducer for a depth gauge
Old 07-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Very nice! I've always been a fan of the 27ZR. I don't see any reason that the prop couldn't be fixed as good as new but, as mentioned, check the prop shaft runout. Now the million $ question and sorry if I missed it, what power does it have?
Old 07-16-2017, 09:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Very nice! I've always been a fan of the 27ZR. I don't see any reason that the prop couldn't be fixed as good as new but, as mentioned, check the prop shaft runout. Now the million $ question and sorry if I missed it, what power does it have?
Prop is already fixed and appears to be a decent repair but you can see it's been repaired so I'm concerned it may be weakened. I've already contacted the shipper about an insurance claim, who knows?

Your million dollar question has a ten dollar answer, it's a stock 496ho. Sorry! There's nowhere here to service Merc Racing engines so I am restricted a little but I'm happy to have a nice stock black motor with very low hours. Can't have everything!

RR

P.S. Checking the propshaft, I've spun her by hand in neutral, both directions, and she spins freely, no horrible noises and appears to be spinning true. Do I need to do more or just take it carefully on the first ride and feel for any vibration?

Last edited by rak rua; 07-16-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Prop is already fixed and appears to be a decent repair but you can see it's been repaired so I'm concerned it may be weakened. I've already contacted the shipper about an insurance claim, who knows?
Your million dollar question has a ten dollar answer, it's a stock 496ho. Sorry! There's nowhere here to service Merc Racing engines so I am restricted a little but I'm happy to have a nice stock black motor with very low hours. Can't have everything!
RR
P.S. Checking the propshaft, I've spun her by hand in neutral, both directions, and she spins freely, no horrible noises and appears to be spinning true. Do I need to do more or just take it carefully on the first ride and feel for any vibration?
I'm partial to the 525 in these boats but I still like yours. Proper way to check run-out is with a dial indicator but you should also be able to see the wobble while running on a hose in gear (if bent).
Old 07-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Registered

There's a dempal where the shaft was machined if that moves. There's a problem. I look at that before I move forward. It's not that difficult before sea trills

Last edited by akaboatman; 07-17-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 AM
Registered

Congrats on finally getting her home!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.