Would love some Hammond advise! >

Would love some Hammond advise!

Notices

Would love some Hammond advise!

Old 07-16-2017, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would love some Hammond advise!

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and am not quite sure where the best place to post some questions would be about our Hammond, so I'll start here.

From what I can tell this boat has mostly been kept in a garage or barn with the canvas cover on for decades. The cover fits like a glove and aside from a musty smell is in perfect shape right down to the clear, supple plastic side panels and black piping along the edge. There's a few small tears in the vinyl upholstery, but overall the condition is remarkable, albeit yellow and dark brown...gotta love that disco phase! So far everything looks manageable regarding the engine. Getting a new impeller, that alternator adapter, new prop and a rebuild on the carb.

Once we purchased this boat we started to try to find out more about it and couldn't find anything else that looked like her, so now I'm kind of wondering if this is a collectors item and perhaps we should consider selling it.
If I'm going to keep her, then I'd very much like to change her current color scheme to a creamy off white interior and remove the carpet and some of the upholstered areas. . If it's frowned upon to make those sort of changes given a potential resell then maybe I should leave it all original? So my questions are does anyone know if these are rare? Does anyone know roughly how much it's worth or where i could go to find out? Does it devalue a boat to update it's color scheme?

Thank you for any comments at all!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:03 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They put some pretty horrible interiors in boats back then or would if asked to. If you want period correct then choose a period scheme that you like. it's very doubtful that there are any records of the original interior for that HIN number
Old 07-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You may want to post a picture - and see if there are any experts out there--

the only Hammond that I know are my X77 and XK3 (Hammond Organ)

3pointstar
Old 07-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ond-boats.html
Old 07-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Registered

This page says I'm not allowed to post attachments. Is there a number of posts required before I'm able to post some photos?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

New Page 1

I have this Hammond boat in glitter gold, same upholstery but in yellow.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:17 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoldHammond
This page says I'm not allowed to post attachments. Is there a number of posts required before I'm able to post some photos?
easiest way is to host the pictures at somewhere like flikr and post a link
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is a little info on Hammond boats and it's founder, Bob Hammond. He founded Glastron Boats, retired and then started Hammond boats.

Hammond Boats

What year is it? It may not be worth much to many folks, but an old Hammond lover would gladly buy it down the road, if you keep it in period condition. You can always change the interior somewhat, by toning down the yellow to something that matches the gelcoat, as they did alot back in the 70's.

or what it's worth, keep it as close to original as you can. Those old boats are rare these days. Not many left around.

Last edited by shunter2005; 07-17-2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Add Indo
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shunter2005
Here is a little info on Hammond boats and it's founder, Bob Hammond. He founded Glastron Boats, retired and then started Hammond boats.

Hammond Boats

What year is it? It may not be worth much to many folks, but an old Hammond lover would gladly buy it down the road, if you keep it in period condition. You can always change the interior somewhat, by toning down the yellow to something that matches the gelcoat, as they did alot back in the 70's.

or what it's worth, keep it as close to original as you can. Those old boats are rare these days. Not many left around.

It's a 1979 V-1750 Granada with a Mercruiser 470 engine. this boat here, but in gold: New Page 1
Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Registered

it's very doubtful that there are any records of the original interior for that HIN number[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------
I hope I'm using this quote option correctly..

Thank you, the only record I have of the original is from this brochure photo. New Page 1
Ours matches this exactly, except our vinyl is a mustard-yellow since our boat is the gold version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.