Would love some Hammond advise! >

Would love some Hammond advise!

Notices

Would love some Hammond advise!

Old 07-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldHammond
it's very doubtful that there are any records of the original interior for that HIN number
----------------------------------
I hope I'm using this quote option correctly..

Thank you, the only record I have of the original is from this brochure photo. New Page 1
Ours matches this exactly, except our vinyl is a mustard-yellow since our boat is the gold version.[/QUOTE]

Glastron was a huge company in the 70's and was based out of Austin Tx. Probably half or more of the boats on the lakes were Glastrons. I remember Hammond boats and they were a bit more upscale than the average Glastron, if I remember correctly. I would agree that you won't find much, if any, info on the boats, as they are all long gone. You will probably have to rely on some of the guys on the classic Glastron site who have or had a Hammond boat also. Many of them have a lot of knowledge about those old boats.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think at this point my main question is how much the boat is worth running and in and if i can afford to keep it vs sell it and get a runabout that isn't so special.

I'd love to post some photos but without a flicker account or FB I'm not sure how.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Gent's I think you've been Darr'd................another thread just started saying the engine is blown.....
Old 07-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Registered

Hi there F2, not sure what Darr'd means, but yes I started a new thread. I'm new to this forum so I didn't know if I could switch topics or not. Trying not to feel super defeated quite yet, some people are saying that rebuilds on these Mercruiser engines are not to expensive. Any and all opinions or ideas would be fantastic, I feel sick to my stomach over this.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Registered

Does anyone have experience with rebuilt mercruiser engines?
Old 08-25-2017, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
They put some pretty horrible interiors in boats back then or would if asked to. If you want period correct then choose a period scheme that you like. it's very doubtful that there are any records of the original interior for that HIN number
I just posted photos here in the forum under the title of: Photos of our 1979 Gold Granada Hammond
Old 08-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shunter2005
Here is a little info on Hammond boats and it's founder, Bob Hammond. He founded Glastron Boats, retired and then started Hammond boats.

Hammond Boats

What year is it? It may not be worth much to many folks, but an old Hammond lover would gladly buy it down the road, if you keep it in period condition. You can always change the interior somewhat, by toning down the yellow to something that matches the gelcoat, as they did alot back in the 70's.

or what it's worth, keep it as close to original as you can. Those old boats are rare these days. Not many left around.
in case you're interested to see her, i've finally got some photos online and posted the photos here in the forum under the title of: Photos of our 1979 Gold Granada Hammond