Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters >

Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters

Notices

Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters

Old 08-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Just saw a post from Devin Williams that Nashville is expecting 1.5M additional visitors over the weekend, as well. Fill up your tow vehicle tanks often and early around these parts - we may run out of gasoline! lol (fortunately, most will likely not be buying diesel fuel).

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
CashBar - Evidently, Hopkinsville, KY is the best place to see the eclipse (for the longest period of time). Local news outlets are claiming we should be expecting a couple hundred thousand to 500,000 people in the area. Not sure how accurate that is, but....

That means $hit-ton more idiot drivers on the road - probably car loads gawking and not paying attention. My point is - be careful in the Western Kentucky portion of your trip.

Additionally, I'm not sure what route you guys from the south are taking - BUT, Highway 41 North (and South) through the Henderson, KY / Evansville, IN area is under significant construction. One of the worst situations for hauling a boat is the bridges over the Ohio River. We have a northbound and southbound bridge (both 2 lane) over the Ohio River. Those bridges now have restrictions to overwidth vehicles (there is a detour, however I've not traveled it). Northbound bridge is now 2 lanes north, 1 lane south (3 lanes!). Southbound bridge is now 1 lane south (semis required to use southbound bridge for travel to south). This info may be overkill, but if your route takes you through Henderson/Evansville - you need to be aware. It's tight with just an SUV.

On another note, we will be on Kentucky Lake / Lake Barkley Saturday and Sunday - if you want to pull about 45 minutes off your route to splash the boat, let me know!

Terry
Old 08-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

What a great event. Gonna take me a few days to recover from all the late nights and early mornings but oh so worth it.

Shootout was was better than ever. This years events at the toad were top notch, the raftup on Saturday was as good as I've seen (resembled the ol party cove at times) and the extended no wake was a non event as most just stayed rafted up till 5:30 and enjoyed an epic ride home (funnest water I've seen since the year of the big storm and lasted much further down stream).

Can't wait till next year!!!
Old 08-28-2017, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

We had a little bit of fun too��
Old 08-29-2017, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Saw/heard your Baja rip across the front of our condo at Land's End. Looked/sounded great. Wasn't sure if you had it out or someone else since it is listed. Boat should have sold by now!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

The speeds were plenty high enough to impress the hell out of me but most important is no one was hurt bad or killed!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I've only missed one in the last 15 + years and this one was easily in the Top 3. The only thing lacking IMO is some competition for American Ethanol. I love that Don is sticking to piston power. Nothing like hearing those beasts come to life through the gate breaking the props free, then hooking up and taking off like a raped ape.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, this was a great year. Poker run was awesome, loved seeing Big Thunder Marine back. The shootout was great as well, and best of all everyone kept it safe! A.E. & Parveys black thunder kicked ass as usual. Only disappointment was them not having the air show, but still was a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 235 Likes on 92 Posts

Best event of the year in my book. What a total blast to be around so many people with the same passion for speed.

Joe
Old 08-29-2017, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Saw/heard your Baja rip across the front of our condo at Land's End. Looked/sounded great. Wasn't sure if you had it out or someone else since it is listed. Boat should have sold by now!
Got it's new owners at the 1st of August....Friday We rode around in a certain SV53 Outerlimits, Sat and Sunday, throttled my buddy's boat....ended up as fastest single V......not just a participation award this time....this years going to be hard to top��

Last edited by JaayTeee; 08-29-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Our first time at LOTO. First, we had GREAT hosts (Chris and Michelle St Peters) with a GREAT group of friends surrounding them.
Wed - street party
Thur - bar hopping
Fri - poker run (and meeting Reggie Fountain)
Sat - shoot out

All I can say is this was the best time I've ever had on the water. I'm not sure how or why we've missed it all these years. We will be back - and possibly a regular event for us. Wow! What a great time!!!

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
We're arriving Wed around 6pm (ish). This is our first time, as well. Really looking forward to it!