Notices

boating pet peeves

Old 09-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Jet skis.

My hitch stays in, and has saved me from a few facebookers in traffic when they're not paying attention. Their stupidity becomes just their own problem.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Geesh- how about those people who lack personal responsibility and want to blame someone for leaving their hitch in. ��

I leave a nice rusty ball on it so don't walk too close...
Old 09-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with the majority with the hitch thing. Mine stays in. I back up by feel. When I feel a bump I stop. LOL. I could write a 10 volume set of pet peeves on the water. Tops on the list is just plain STUPID IRESPONSIBLE people. That covers most of the boating world. I'm not just talking about crusiers, blow boats or dingies. There are plenty of go-fast boaters that fall into that category too.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:39 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been traffic rear ended 5 times in the last 30 years, since I started leaving my 3 ball receiver in I can claim kills on an Impala, an HHR and a Fusion; the HHR destroyed his water pump and possibly his block. He did ding my tailgate though.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Biggest used to be bringing a non boater along. They don't bring booze, no food, no gas money, always bring someone else, don't help wipe the boat down after, etc.

I say used to because I won't bring non boaters out anymore lol.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by max930
I thought about this yesterday. I was in a corner parking space. So the car on my right back end would be beside me when backing straight out. I'm lucky in that my cars curb side mirror automatically trims to curb view. So backing out I saw the mini vans trailer hitch sticking out. If I didn't have the auto adjusting mirror, would not have seen the hitch. I would have backed out and the hitch would have scraped the side of my car. That's my biggest pet peeve, people that have a hitch receiver as apposed to the ball on the top of the bumper. Its removable for a reason. So when people leave the receiver on when not towing, tick me off. I've also have walked into them in busy parking lots.

The second is jet skis at the launch ramp. I hate it when they gun them onto plane right beside the ramp and courtesy dock.
Lol. You certainly wouldn't like me then. I NEVER remove my ball mount. I'm hooked up to something 2-3 days a week with my truck. I have a hitch for a reason....to use it.

I don't get boaters that complain about their guests not helping out with gas money. Some make this thier life's passion to educate non boaters on how to properly help pay for gas on a boat they don't own. If I can't afford the gas in my boat then I shouldn't own one. I don't invite someone to my house for the evening and ask them to help out with the electric bill.

Own a boat, get an anchor.
Own a boat, get some fenders that are actually functional.
Own a boat, make sure you have enough lines that are the proper size.

Boat ramp stuff could go on forever. Pretty much everyone pisses me off there.

Other than that I'm pretty passive.

Last edited by buck183; 09-01-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Having to pay to dock at the marina because the restaurant is not part of the marina.
Or living in a county that has more coastline then most states and home of the US naval academy but yet it has not a single public boat ramp. They say they do but the 2 or 3 they are talking about are in county parks that you have to pay to get into. Also you are subjected to park hours (sometime after dawn to dusk).
Old 09-02-2017, 07:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Lol.

I don't get boaters that complain about their guests not helping out with gas money. Some make this thier life's passion to educate non boaters on how to properly help pay for gas on a boat they don't own. If I can't afford the gas in my boat then I shouldn't own one. I don't invite someone to my house for the evening and ask them to help out
Other than that I'm pretty passive.
Im with you. I'm going boating either way and going to burn the same amount of fuel either way. Plus, if your a good enough friend you're coming along with me than you're a good enough friend that we don't ever owe each other money.....
Old 09-02-2017, 07:22 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I agree for the most part on gas $$$ comments, but when one is say in early to mid 20's and springs for a boat, a lot of the time you have a gang that comes with you every time. A little much to pay for the fuel every time...worse when you are the one bringing the food, booze, and etc. Of course this all depends on the situation - how far boating and etc,etc.

I'm using above as a good example, but there are other situations that may warrant the same.

================

Now, literally inviting people out on the boat...is a different story.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GETTINBYE
If you are so close to the back of my truck, driving in either direction or walking for that matter, that my hitch bothers you - you may be a pet peeve of mine. Just saying. I have a few others as well. ;-)
Yep...big pet peeve of mine!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.