Like Tree109Likes

Fountain vs Outer L racing

Old 10-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: Velocity 290 VR- 1

All I know is that Instigator is the baddest sounding boat I have ever heard! When it goes by you instantly know it is Instigator.

Padraig
Old 10-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Interesting thread if it can stay on course, don't follow racing but same engines & hp?
Old 10-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: RACE BOATS

Does anyone know how many steps are on the OL? What are the beams on each? The other 42 Fountain that Billy Glick owns runs almost exactly the same speeds as Instigator so IMO there is something about the design that works better than others. Props? 5 blades vs 6?
Old 10-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Registered

This isn’t really anything new. The Fountains have always had the edge on the race course. Every time there is a show down with SPEED at a RACE it’s Fountain 90% of the time. You can’t expect to win every time and OL is a formatable openet with out a doubt. But let’s face it Fountains are faster. And like the thread starter mentioned- a boat still hard to beat that’s old. Ya the OL is new and can use more tweaking, but shouldn’t it’s adavantage be in some new technoligy??

Last edited by precisiondetails; 10-05-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlerguy View Post
Sounds like another guy fishing to start a keyboard argument.

Not one of those boats in that class or really any class is a stock boat. Not a fountain or a Ol or any other brand. (Stock Toyota Camry's, Ford Fusion's dont win nascar races) Neither do stock fountains or OL's win super boat races.
IMO you answered your own question in your opening statement. A Fountain that has been dialed in between every race for 12 years over and over did beat the not even 1 year old OL who also has been getting dialed in better and better between every race for almost 1 year now. For 12 years they have been dialing in the fountain, for 1 year they have been dialing in the OL getting closer to that benchmark. The OL has gotten things better throughout the season. Obviously the setup on that day was not good enough to beat the Instigator boat.

By reading your posts on this topic here and in other forum topics. Itís clear you are pretty biased. On the other thread you stated the Fountain was slower and it was fully dialed in as a pleasure boat. Talking about the 42 with 1350s Ben did. But of course now the 10 year old boat is still beating up on your newer boat, and isnít dialed in. I mean whatever excuse and story that helps you sleep at night. I understand your bias towards a brand you clearly love and are loyal too. But donít immediately jump to saying- oh itís a race boat not a production boat. They were both built out of their respective factories. Itís been going on for decades- OLs 2nd to none on style fit and finish and quality. But start trying to swallow the pill that when it comes to performance and competition the score is very lopsided. And the brand that hasnít been built for years CONTINUES TO BE THE BOAT TO BEAT. Think about that for a moment. And that is exactly the point Typhoon is trying to make. Nothing more nothing less.
jmoore1225 likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2001 velocity 410

😨😨😨just peeking.LOL
Old 10-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 27 ZR

Stupid me didn't think about how controversial this would be so in the light of hindsight, I've revised my post........

Answer: YES but it needs the right driver to prove it.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 10-06-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 06 Pantera 24

You could flip any race boat that size and work weeks on the bottom. And then balance. And then knowing how and when to change the balance in water conditions. Then add prop choices and drive height adjustments. A lot is being able to look at the water make your choices and hope it doesn't change by the time you get there. I think they know there boat. That sure helps along with luck.
rak rua likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC

OL vs. Beaks... and the silly season is just starting..

Its going to be a looonnnggggg winter folks.
Wildman_grafix and Rollin1405 like this.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Registered

My Boats: RACE BOATS

I understand making the call and missing the setup but how many times has the OL won against the Fountain in any kind of water. Have they ever? I have been going to Key West for many years rooting for the OL teams with what I was told was a top secret new set up. I have only seen the 2 Fountains battling for first. I have been getting my butt kicked by Fountain for years personally so I have no love for them either. How do you measure eff. of a hull? Is it HP and weight vs MPH fully dialed in for max speed?