Fountain vs Outer L racing >

Fountain vs Outer L racing

Notices

Fountain vs Outer L racing

Old 10-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Fountain vs Outer L racing

Just watched the last race in Clearwater SBI with the 12 year old(?) Fountain whipping the pants off the latest state of the art and world class crew in OL. What gives that OL cant even come close IMO. I don't care that the points were so close at the end of season. Im not a fan of one vs the other but more confused as to how this is possible. Is the Fountains bottom efficiency just that good?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

In
Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like another guy fishing to start a keyboard argument.

Not one of those boats in that class or really any class is a stock boat. Not a fountain or a Ol or any other brand. (Stock Toyota Camry's, Ford Fusion's dont win nascar races) Neither do stock fountains or OL's win super boat races.
IMO you answered your own question in your opening statement. A Fountain that has been dialed in between every race for 12 years over and over did beat the not even 1 year old OL who also has been getting dialed in better and better between every race for almost 1 year now. For 12 years they have been dialing in the fountain, for 1 year they have been dialing in the OL getting closer to that benchmark. The OL has gotten things better throughout the season. Obviously the setup on that day was not good enough to beat the Instigator boat.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Absolutely not trying to start any arguments. This is more of a engineering question that I find interesting. I understand these are not production boats and I am not comparing production boats. I am comparing spec race boats with equal rules. Im stating that I am shocked new tec still cant tighten up the gap and why? This race has been going on for many years not just this one year. The difference that I see is that Fountain seems to have hit the sweet spot with that hull and after several OL attempts at new hull designs over the years they are still chasing. This just leaves question for me. Have the Fountain hulls been continually modified over the years or are they the same as new? Those are my kind of questions.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1,287 Likes on 723 Posts

I thought the OL had been out there over a year now but not sure.

The dialing in over time does wonders for race vehicles. It's the same thing DUCATI did back in the nineties, they would continue to develop basically the same platform, while the Japanese companies would come out with something new every few years.

Won DUCATI a lot of championships.

Still is fun to say how a 12 year old boat is beating the latest and greatest though!

LOL
Old 10-05-2017, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 214 Likes on 125 Posts

Instigator not only runs well, it's also one
of the baddest sounding boats you'll hear
Old 10-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,287 Likes on 723 Posts

I wish that class had more boats in it.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Just watched the last race in Clearwater SBI with the 12 year old(?) Fountain whipping the pants off the latest state of the art and world class crew in OL. What gives that OL cant even come close IMO. I don't care that the points were so close at the end of season. Im not a fan of one vs the other but more confused as to how this is possible. Is the Fountains bottom efficiency just that good?
Same story year after year....Fountains wins on the race course, that's the way it is. Your bottom efficiency question is a good question....
Old 10-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I was there to bare witness. Instigator looks and SOUNDS great from the shore. Actually, out of all 3 races NOTHING sounds like Instagator. Not only that but it always looks like its on the limit and coming down the front it would just surge like the were wringing every ounce out of it. Yes, the cats were great but to hear them beat the pizz out of the Instigator boat is epic.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

INSTIGATOR OFFSHORE RACING TEAM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.