What Happened?  Poof......... >

What Happened? Poof.........

Notices

What Happened? Poof.........

Old 10-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
I also wonder about the seemingly petty issues. Would Lee Aerospace refuse to warranty a problem? Why? The interior issue brings up a question- when one is buying a boat like this, do they not ALL choose, touch and feel stuff like upholstery material? OR WAS THIS ALL A DREAM?
Lee Aerospace WOULD ABSOLUTLY warranty any issue with his windshield. This boat did not have a lee aerospace windshield, Lee aerospace had not delivered its first pleasure windshield to skater before this one was done. The reference to lee aerospace in the thread said that Jim Lee looked at the windshield at the shootout and that he confirmed it was a manufacturing defect, WHICH IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED. Jim Lee has been in the windshield business for over 30 years and knows the material and manufacturing very, very well. When he looked at it at the shootout he said "this is not a manufacturing defect, It did not look like this at Skater, it looks like someone after it left skater messed up the windshield somehow and then tried to sand it to fix it". I would trust Jim's reputation on the subject that he is correct, and that it was a bad repair job not a bad manufacturing job.

On the upholstery material, the person that originally ordered the boat picked the material that he wanted in the interior. The company that upholstered it told him not to use it and that it will wear really bad, he said that he wants to use it anyway and that if it wears and he doesn't like it then he will replace it. That has nothing to do with Skater.

There are people that are literally painting rust on there cars. So there are a lot of things that are personal preference that the next person may not like. There are things I have done to my boat that I know are going to wear really bad and I will be replacing them very often, and there are parts I could use that would never need replaced but they are not what I want. If someone bought this boat from me and that part wears out really quick it would not be Skaters fault because it is what I wanted in the boat not Skater.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 10-18-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True it was a new skater that was delivered at the factory however Ron ( flight club) built the boat to his specs then sold it just before it was finished.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, that's my point. A company like Lee is going to stand behind their stuff. Again, why wouldn't they. So the fact that it wasn't a Lee product answers that question. The upholstery is a buyer beware thing. If someone is buying something for a private party, shouldn't the buyer confirm they know all they need to before they strike a check? JMHO
Old 10-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I've known Mike and Angela since they bought their first 32 Sunsation (in 2005 or so), followed by another new 32 w/525's. You couldn't find a nicer couple and they have attended a ton of poker runs in various boats over the years.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Safe boating everybody!!!! See you in Key West!!!!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Lee Aerospace WOULD ABSOLUTLY warranty any issue with his windshield. This boat did not have a lee aerospace windshield, Lee aerospace had not delivered its first pleasure windshield to skater before this one was done. The reference to lee aerospace in the thread said that Jim Lee looked at the windshield at the shootout and that he confirmed it was a manufacturing defect, WHICH IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED. Jim Lee has been in the windshield business for over 30 years and knows the material and manufacturing very, very well. When he looked at it at the shootout he said "this is not a manufacturing defect, It did not look like this at Skater, it looks like someone after it left skater messed up the windshield somehow and then tried to sand it to fix it". I would trust Jim's reputation on the subject that he is correct, and that it was a bad repair job not a bad manufacturing job.

On the upholstery material, the person that originally ordered the boat picked the material that he wanted in the interior. The company that upholstered it told him not to use it and that it will wear really bad, he said that he wants to use it anyway and that if it wears and he doesn't like it then he will replace it. That has nothing to do with Skater.

There are people that are literally painting rust on there cars. So there are a lot of things that are personal preference that the next person may not like. There are things I have done to my boat that I know are going to wear really bad and I will be replacing them very often, and there are parts I could use that would never need replaced but they are not what I want. If someone bought this boat from me and that part wears out really quick it would not be Skaters fault because it is what I wanted in the boat not Skater.
I was NEVER told it would not last. It was a new product, nobody knew. I personally gave Mike money towards redoing his interior.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are aluminum tanks in a Skater an option? Might not any difference.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...lEXHt7Yx0WfpzE

Last edited by BenPerfected; 10-20-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's some good news, I'm getting tired of boating anyway. ;-)