Notices

Key West Races

Old 11-16-2017, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

First timer here this year. Between touring the pits and talking to some teams on Tuesday, watching the races from the sea wall Wednesday and Friday, and hanging out at the Poker Run village and watching the poker runners come in at Conch Republic on Thursday I had a great time. Also attended the OSO/SOTW party Thursday night and a bit of the street party Friday. I will be back. Just need to find a place to stay more than a block away from the Rum Bar! If you take the entire week into consideration it is still a worthy event. Oh yeah, go PBC/Jimmy John's! Lol! Sorry, we love the whole Coil clan!
Old 11-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was some of the best racing this yr then I've seen in a long time. The SS Battle was awesome, the SV had 3 days of side by side racing, and super cats were better then ever.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also am a newbie to Key West, and like the other first-timers, I was completely blown away by the entire weekend. The races were amazing in and of themselves, and although they might be down from years past, they're still pretty awesome. I think we need to keep that in perspective.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, less boat s than in the past .
.but now they are actually racing each other, instead of a spreadout circular moving procession of cool, loud, unevenly matched boats.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:38 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
First timer here this year. Between touring the pits and talking to some teams on Tuesday, watching the races from the sea wall Wednesday and Friday, and hanging out at the Poker Run village and watching the poker runners come in at Conch Republic on Thursday I had a great time. Also attended the OSO/SOTW party Thursday night and a bit of the street party Friday. I will be back. Just need to find a place to stay more than a block away from the Rum Bar! If you take the entire week into consideration it is still a worthy event. Oh yeah, go PBC/Jimmy John's! Lol! Sorry, we love the whole Coil clan!
How does KWPR compare to say the shootout at LOTO?
Old 11-20-2017, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I would put key west at the top of boating related events. Nothing else comes close but the shootout at loto is 2nd IMO.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Both are fantastic events but in terms of action on the course, KW hands down. If I had to rank them overall I'd give KW the nod over LOTO. And I love Shootout week/weekend.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
LOTO Shootout week is the best BOATING week of the year and the reason I trailer 3000 miles round trip.

KW PR and Race week is the best boating VACATION of the year.

LOTO you will really want to have a boat. KW you may only want a boat for the ride down, if at all.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hands down KW, is the best boating event , awesome location for racers and fans.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Registered

My wife and I will definitely do the trip again. We are not able to stay for the entire week and this year we picked the front end arriving on Monday and flying out Saturday. Next time we plan to arrive on Wednesday and fly out the following Tuesday so that we can attend Sunday's races. What makes it a great boating vacation, as Cash states, is that most everyone you will encounter during your stay is a boater. For the most part you will not meet a "stranger" while you are down there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.