Notices

I give up

Old 12-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Don't feel that bad......ya we get to boat all year however...

*fuel at dock is $3.50 - $4.00 right now

* We get no seasonal break in insurance even if you don't use the boat. Cost is year round no matter what

* Boat more means more sh*t to break

* Since this is OSO.....it's salt water, it might as well be toxic acid so no one wants their boat in it anyway and any boat that gets used here might as well be a paper weight or just disposed of in the trash when the owner is done.
I know a lot of people that their boats are nothing close to a paper weight, and they boat in salt water all the time. They take care of their stuff its that simple!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I thought 'I heard all kinds of celebrities saying the everything was absolutely perfect in canada???
Old 12-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
I know a lot of people that their boats are nothing close to a paper weight, and they boat in salt water all the time. They take care of their stuff its that simple!
I do too but this is OSO Pete, they folks in the lakes don't believe me, you, nor anyone. They have seen the truth on the internet.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:41 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I thought 'I heard all kinds of celebrities saying the everything was absolutely perfect in canada???
Rosie never made it...something about plane problems.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Thanks funny chit right there..........^^^^^^^^.....they told her not the use the rear ****ter.........
Old 12-22-2017, 01:22 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

They found a bigger plane.She decided to try skydiving.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Here, this will make you feel better......
Attached Thumbnails I give up-bvi.jpg  
Old 12-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

You'll wish for the days it was 1.22 a liter if you were paying our current 2.11 (US$) a litre . (and it's been as high as $2.40)
When the cost of oil crashed 2+ years ago gov't just increased the taxes on it 'coz we're all just so used to paying more for everything anyway'
Old 12-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Why is gas higher on the water?

Originally Posted by olredalert
----Because they can!!!......Bill S

True story: My buddy buys a new Top Gun at the Lauderdale Show (250K), doesn't even have it brought home, has it sent to a paint shop for 22K in paint. Brings it back to his 1mm house on the intracoastal. He is freaking out about fuel prices, he actually has a fuel dock 500 yards from his dock. So he gets 3 50 gallon plastic barrels, loads them in his Ford Ranger and buys fuel at a land based gas station 1 mile from his house (saving $1 a gallon, roughly $150 each time he does this). Gets home and siphons fuel (200 ft of garden hose) from the plastic barrels to the boat that is on the lift!

Now while I am all for saving money, not sure riding around with 150 gallons of gas in the bed of a truck is my idea of saving anything including my life! Another mutual friend lived a couple canals down who had a 38 Powerplay and we both laughed at his fuel saving program! The guy with the Powerplay said fueling at the dock is worth the extra money as people are freaking out when they see the fuel cost on the gas pump!
Old 12-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Why is gas higher on the water?
Up here in Canada, Ontario specifically, the TSSA (Technical Safety Standards Association) has every location that could impact human safety, by the short and curlies. As a result, costs have skyrocketed. Cease and desist orders when storage tanks are slightly questionable, where in a automotive application all would be fine. Training costs for fuel dock attendants are in the thousands annually per person. The marina fuel market is a captive audience, so under the guise of TSSA rule, marinas jack up prices. Fuel was first to be hit...next will be slip rates, since the TSSA and the ESA (Electrical Safety Authority) is currently on an electrical mission. Couple years ago, a couple of kids fell into the water at a slip, the shore power cord got tugged in with them and they were electrocuted. No GFI circuits. Almost every marina will be rewiring the entire facility in next few years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.