Notices

Fuel Injector Maintenance

Old 04-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

What about injectors in a Mer 300xs with 100+ hours.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the follow up to the original post:

Finally installed the injectors and got out on the water yesterday. What a HUGE improvement! The boat gets on plane much faster and top-end is 5 mph faster! That's quite an improvement for a 50 mph boat! I can't say enough about BUP, his workmanship and attention to detail! He's committed to getting you back on - and keeping you on - the water! Best customer service I have ever experienced! Thank you!
Old 07-12-2019, 02:13 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ar300johnson
What about injectors in a Mer 300xs with 100+ hours.

At any given point injectors can become dirty or water (condensation) sat in the injectors. The best thing to do is fuel samples and cut open fuel filters. As I mentioned - injectors are a fuel delivery item just like a carb - sitting with fuel in carb for months or years on end will always need a carb overhaul and cleaned very well however. The same goes for injectors but here is the kicker- a carb is ONLY a mechanical fuel delivery item with zero electrical issues and basically not many moving parts at all.

Fuel injectors are mechanical and electrical fuel delivery item so you can have the electrical side as an issue on top of. Here is another kicker - internally of a fuel injector there is a pintle and seat or a ball and seat - the pintle lifts off the seat per commands thru the ecm basically a short jist how it works - but did you know that pintle or ball can move (lift and close off the seat) about 100,000 times within an hour - think about that. Anyways fuel injectors really need to be looked at as a maintenance item in a boat plus they suffer from heat soak in marine apps way more than any auto / car ever would. No air hitting the engine - no fans blowing ever especially when the engine is shut off.

Last edited by BUP; 07-12-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

BUP - that post (#64) should be the first thing OSO has come up or has a person read before starting a thread as to why their boat isn't running right. Most of the boats are getting older and the injector gremlins are showing up

Plain English and vivid enough anyone with no technical knowledge can grasp injector service is a necessity (and not an injector cleaner/ Sea foam fix)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
BUP - that post (#64) should be the first thing OSO has come up or has a person read before starting a thread as to why their boat isn't running right. Most of the boats are getting older and the injector gremlins are showing up

Plain English and vivid enough anyone with no technical knowledge can grasp injector service is a necessity (and not an injector cleaner/ Sea foam fix)
Totally agree, I have worked with BUP with our boats injectors and its really a huge difference once you have the injectors serviced. A well maintained fuel system and ignition system goes a long ways for smooth idling and top performance. I also have a complete new ignition system from BUP and that made a huge difference at start-up and idle even AFTER the injectors were restored to 100%. These boats are getting older and people are throwing hp adders at them, modifying exhaust and not going thru the simple stuff like fuel and ignition systems.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is your info listed so I can send my 496 injectors to?
Old 07-08-2020, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Santeekid
Where is your info listed so I can send my 496 injectors to?
check your messages...
Old 07-08-2020, 07:19 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by PA.WOODCHUCK
check your messages...
Hope you get a commission. Lol.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SB