Notices

Fountain 29 2011 700sci

Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of load do you have in the boat? If you have a full gas tank and 4-5 passengers, speeds in the low 80’s are about all you can do with 700 HP. If you are alone with low fuel, you should run mid to upper 80’s. It takes a lot of HP to push a big boat 90 MPH.

One more thing you need to do is check that your boat’s bottom is still sharp and true. A boat can gain 5 or more MPH if your bottom is a mess. Good luck on finding your missing speed.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I see you are from Quebec, I believe we may have met one day near Brockville, your boat have black hull sides?

Back to your question here, see if you can reach out to KellyO on here. Kelly had a pair of 600's in the Holy Cow, 35 Fountain, that he did a number of upgrades to. I believe he worked thru all the Whipple upgrades for the Merc 600's and now has the 700's in his MTI and is working some changes on them as well. Kelly is a great guy and might be able to give you some pointers. He made the Fountain run well enough to take his class at the Shootout, and the MTI is pretty stout as well.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-20-2019 at 02:18 PM.