Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thunder Boat Row movie is on YouTube! >

Thunder Boat Row movie is on YouTube!

Notices

Thunder Boat Row movie is on YouTube!

Old 03-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the link. First time I have seen it... pretty good for an 80s movie. Wife thought it was better than Roadhouse lol
Old 03-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Pretty cool. Watching now.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All those flags...100 knots...and after the movie, David Brinkley to discuss President Bush and free trade with Mexico, "is it a good idea" unreal.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

^^

Last edited by Kat Krazy; 03-11-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The "Blue Thunder" Don Aronow boat Or one just like it was down here in Ft Myers for awhile. Out side of being a very cool collector boat, it was not a very good boat. It's said that the hulls came from cutting up a Vee hull mold. Anyway he did get the Customs people to buy a few. As far as the movie is concerned, I would have thought a writer like Stephen J. Cannell could have come up with a better Miami Vice sequel. The acting, the plot and chase scenes were just plain bad! It was fun to see what I thought was sooooo cool in the 80's with 60 MPH boat chases. Boats engines have come a long way.

Last edited by Kat Krazy; 03-11-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to tell you that this was pretty much non fiction. I know because I was there in the early 80’s. The names were changed. Of the people and places, but pretty much this was exactly what we did for a living from near 1976 till 1986. The customers planes that tailed planes is exactly how they did it. I know because I was tailed a few times but they determined I was legit. And the drops were exactly as they happened. Even the hotel room with the radio equipment. The was Mickey Mundays condo on the 12th floor right on Haulover cut. Those were the best times in Miami and the Bahamas. Even Jamaica. Lots of guys got away with it and lots of guys died. The lucky ones went to jail for a while. I wished they would have done a better job with the newer movie. They could have easily. Lots of information out there for reference. Customs and the local cops were out smarted, out manned with better equipment and more resources. Bimini, Great Harbor, Staniel Cay, George Town, Great Inaugua all hot spots. Lots of fun too. Might have to try to write a book before I reach my expiration date.
The following 4 users liked this post by bertsboat:
1989mach1 (12-23-2021), badmonkey (12-20-2021), thirdchildhood (12-20-2021), ThisIsLivin (12-20-2021)