Notices

polaris slingshot

Old 03-18-2018, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes my back can be ok one day and in a brace the next. I know it' not the same as a bike but the open air of it and the open sides I would think would be more bike like then sports car. Not looking to ride in big groups any more and the room do a over night bag for me and the wife to run to the boat in it would be nice. And back and forth to work have room for lunch, coffee and what not with out havin to where a back pack.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
There’s a used 2012 on a Morgan importer’s site for $38k. MSRP new is about $46k plus the shipping hoopla, so they appear to hold value.
Still, for that kind of money, when I can’t hold up a bike anymore, I’ll have to opt for something starting with the words Factory Five.... Cobra or Roadster, both will give the open air feeling of a Slingshot or Morgan.
Since they are made in England the exchange rate will affect the prices on new ones when the dollar goes up/down. Used they usually pull about 30K. Bring a trailer has sold a couple in the last year. Rich guys buy them, they don't take up much room so rarely do they get fire saled. I see a few for sale with very few miles which tells me the buyers get beaten by the wind/rough ride or scared of them so they put them back in the garage.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It depends on what you are getting it for. If you are looking to replace a motorcycle experience it is not the one. It has everything car- steering wheel, gas, brake and clutch pedals, stick shiift and dash. My Fiance has a Can.Am Spyder and, while more like a snowmobile riding position, is still the closest and safest to a motorcycle experience with 3 wheels.
If getting it for the sports car type I'd rather have a sportscar. Safer, faster. For the price of one new you can get a really good used Corvette , Mustang GT, etc. and have a lot more fun IMHO.
BTW, I have 3 motorcycles and a Corvette, to go along with my lady's Spyder.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

CHeck the web for issues with the Slingshot. My buddies shop that sells them are constantly repairing them due to quality issues.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Old 03-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From someone who developed the first concept, there cool and a ton of fun. Not many issues with them, there a GM motor and Asin 5sp Transmission. We are required to wear helmets when driving them which I think take away some of the fun factor but being able to talk with the person next to you is huge. Handle is really good compared to other 3 wheel vehicles. Stapilty control will let you have fun but catch you when things get out of hands. I drove on from Mn to Sturgis for work and had no regrets, have rode bikes in the past and almost prefer the SS. Can pick used ones up for low teens.

Let me know if you have any questions or if your looking at used ones send me a PM and I can look up the VIN and see if any work has been done on it.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by turbom700
From someone who developed the first concept, there cool and a ton of fun. Not many issues with them, there a GM motor and Asin 5sp Transmission. We are required to wear helmets when driving them which I think take away some of the fun factor but being able to talk with the person next to you is huge. Handle is really good compared to other 3 wheel vehicles. Stapilty control will let you have fun but catch you when things get out of hands. I drove on from Mn to Sturgis for work and had no regrets, have rode bikes in the past and almost prefer the SS. Can pick used ones up for low teens.

Let me know if you have any questions or if your looking at used ones send me a PM and I can look up the VIN and see if any work has been done on it.
thanks I just might do tha. There is one here locally to me that I may try to pick up. It's a 2017 slr black abs orange. 1300 miles but he is asking 21k looks clean from the pictures but haven't seen it in person yet.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SLR are real nice rigs, lots of creature comfort that most end up upgrading to down the road. 21k isn't horrible I believe they are 25 or 26. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

KTM X-Bow now thats a ride!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
KTM X-Bow now thats a ride!
Not street legal in U.S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.