Notices

polaris slingshot

Old 03-16-2018, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default polaris slingshot

So who has one and how do you like it. Who has one and wants to sell it. Lol.

I just went through some **** that has gotten me wanting a new toy. I used to ride motorcycles but like the side by side of the slingshot and not having to hold it up at every light. So I think this will fit what I am looking for.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I talked to a woman last night that just picked hers up hours earlier! The guy she was with was behind her in a diesel crew cab that looked huge in comparison......made you really wonder if you wanted to take the risk of the slingshot!

She was super excited but then again she was still bringing it home!

If I was looking for a 3 wheel toy I'd buy a Morgan instead (way cooler IMHO). Slingshots appear to have a rapid depreciation curve so you probably would do better buying used.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

https://vanderhallusa.com

These look really cool in person. Local jet ski shop had a Laguna out front for a few months.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

long as we're going w/ british accents and 3 wheels
this one does wheelies w/ the bigger engine

Old 03-17-2018, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont like them , dont get it might as well be in a car I love 2 wheels .
Old 03-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

If I was looking for a 3 wheel toy I'd buy a Morgan instead (way cooler IMHO). Slingshots appear to have a rapid depreciation curve so you probably would do better buying used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uveqxQpsSZw

There’s a used 2012 on a Morgan importer’s site for $38k. MSRP new is about $46k plus the shipping hoopla, so they appear to hold value.
Still, for that kind of money, when I can’t hold up a bike anymore, I’ll have to opt for something starting with the words Factory Five.... Cobra or Roadster, both will give the open air feeling of a Slingshot or Morgan.

New neighbor a few doors down has a Slingshot and loves it. Said he wanted to go riding when the weather broke. I politely declined and told him as a matter of self preservation, I try to stay at least 20 yards away from any and all things with more than 2 wheels while I’m on my bike. Several bike guys I know feel the same way about them. If they do ride with a guy in a Slingshot, he goes up front. Same with trikes.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I get the two vs 3 wheel thing. I loved riding my bike when I had it and thought about getting another one. But with two bad disks in my back I don't see long rides being fun any more.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about a trike? But that may not help with the bad back
Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
I get the two vs 3 wheel thing. I loved riding my bike when I had it and thought about getting another one. But with two bad disks in my back I don't see long rides being fun any more.

Totally get it. I only fell and bruised my tailbone last month, then had 2 nice days and I tried to ride my new Road Glide. Made it 8 miles on day 1 before I turned around. Next day I rolled a towel up into a horseshoe and threw it on top of the seat, made a 40 mile round trip, couldn’t wait to park, and ordered a memory foam seat topper. Far from ideal, but as slow as I’m healing, it’s use the hemorrhoid pillow or leave the bike parked. Can’t imagine trying to pull off a long ride with 2 bad discs.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

My buddy has one and loves it. I have. Been in it a bunch of times it's cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.