Notices

Slightly Damaged

Old 03-21-2018, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

I know a number of shops that have questionable projects on the go - when shop's business gets slow, they drag out "???" and have the greenhorns work on them for training experience under the watchful eye of the company money makers. The consensus was that if they can possibly sell the project at the end were at least they break even with materials and the pay for the "greens" salary, its a win for the company with the experience gained which in the big picture, will make the shop more profitable.

Not implying that is the case here, but there is always another outlook to a situation
Old 03-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fortitude

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I understand the fortitude comments but wouldn't it have been easier to build a mold and make a new one? You could make more then one then, or start with something not as bad.

Fortitude is great but just wasting your effort is another.
We all have a different perception on what should be undertaken, and what can be accomplished. I submit that the culmination of this project defies any wasted effort. If the restoration had not been completed with such positive results, then I agree it would have been a foolhardy endeavor. We all have different skill levels, and certainly these folks have much greater than average abilities. Also, look at the publicity value garnered for this group of craftsmen. I can see the headlines now - "No job too big" LOL!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, would have been just as easy to make a new mold.