Commentary: Teal Is The New Black

Notices

Commentary: Teal Is The New Black

Old 05-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Default Commentary: Teal Is The New Black

When it comes powerboat paintjob colors, almost everything comes around again, https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...-the-new-black.

From the OSO home page.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I am now glad that I have embraced the teal on my past two boats and have found many matching teal accessories/clothing! I'm in the "cool" crowd now! haha.

That is a gorgeous paint scheme by the way!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I still have a couple of teal fenders from my 1998 Velocity.

Padraig
Old 05-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teal foreal
Old 05-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

That is very nice, both the colors used and design will look good for a number of years.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Hopefully "teal's" best friend and companion, "fuchsia" won't show up any time soon.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The first time I saw a teal boat was at IMTEC (the industries premier trade show back then) at McCormick Place in Chicago. It was on top of the SleekCraft semi and was being delivered along with another gray one. I was the Midwest dealer at the time. Sleek was a typical west coast builder at the time as they did all color in the gelcoat. We were told by Jim Foley (one of my favorite people) to expect one in "grays into silvers, with a touch of green" and a "gray one with a little red". They were heavy on the TEAL, not green and heavy on the f-ing PINK, not red. We bought the teal one before it was unloaded. We ended up with the pink one too. We brought them back to the Chicago boat show that year and sold them both. Poof

Teal being the new clack is a bit of a stretch but the boat is gorgeous.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
The first time I saw a teal boat was at IMTEC (the industries premier trade show back then) at McCormick Place in Chicago. It was on top of the SleekCraft semi and was being delivered along with another gray one. I was the Midwest dealer at the time. Sleek was a typical west coast builder at the time as they did all color in the gelcoat. We were told by Jim Foley (one of my favorite people) to expect one in "grays into silvers, with a touch of green" and a "gray one with a little red". They were heavy on the TEAL, not green and heavy on the f-ing PINK, not red. We bought the teal one before it was unloaded. We ended up with the pink one too. We brought them both back to the Chicago boat show that year and sold them both. Poof

Teal being the new clack is a bit of a stretch but the boat is gorgeous.
A stretch indeed—and the headline was tongue in cheek. But for anyone who didn't get that (and that happens from time to time), I wrote as much in the second to last paragraph. The chances of seeing a teal resurgence are nil.

But seeing a once-tired color (tweaked a bit from its original form) made new is pretty cool, and Thomas Kulesia and Chris Mills definitely pulled it off with Mr. Rayzor's Skater.

Your mention of IMTEC made me nostalgic for Chicago. I don't miss covering it—trade shows can be a drag—but it gave me an excuse to get to Chicago every year. Love that town.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 05-08-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I give Dale credit and 2 thumbs up for coming up with something original. Boat looks great!
Not another me 2 outboard cat same similar design with just different colors. Dale will get that thing dialed in too!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
Hopefully "teal's" best friend and companion, "fuchsia" won't show up any time soon.
My old and current boats have the fuchsia "tag-along" friend as well! yes, that color can fade away and nobody will miss it! Planning on adding more teal and covering the fuchsia on my current boat haha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.