Propeller and engine question. American offshore nxs2600 -04 mod >

Propeller and engine question. American offshore nxs2600 -04 mod

Notices

Propeller and engine question. American offshore nxs2600 -04 mod

Old 08-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by danse78
Hi and thanks for your reply. I found that the propeller I had borrowed was a Verado 350 propeller that was slightly modified. I got an original 32 pitch non labbed. Took a test trip with the boat and got a top speed of 103.6 mph 5200 rpm. I contacted the company who built the engine and they recommended not to be so low on the rpm and recommended me to go down to 30pitch to get increased rpm. The engine produces 850 hp at 6000 rpm. How much do I increase in rpm by going down 2 pitch? I should have 5600-6000 rpm. I drive with 0.54 boost and european 95octane fuel.
Nice ride you have btw
Thanks for the compliment Dan. Let us know how the 30 pitch prop works. Looks like we have very similar setups. These sure are fun little boats!
Old 08-17-2018, 07:43 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

"How much do I increase in rpm by going down 2 pitch?"

As a general rule you will gain around 200 RPM per inch of pitch decrease; so in your case, around a 400RPM increase.