400R and Merc CNC 5 blade cleaver >

400R and Merc CNC 5 blade cleaver

Notices

400R and Merc CNC 5 blade cleaver

Old 10-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Toffen
Thanks so much for nice words. I have many times thought of buying a new boat, but everyone here tells me you need to keep it. Its one of a kind. A classic offshore racer. Phantom is not foremost known as a fast boat, but as an amazing offshore hull for its size. It has all the "pro" stuff there with bow tank, bellytank, foottrottle, trim on wheel. etc. So I have invested more than buying a new boat would cost I am sure... But it's been an amazing journey - and the new propellers available gives this hull a speed unheard of before with same power. There are "Phantom 25s" out there in kevlar made now, but the originals ran 75 mph with twin XR2's

Kristiansand where we do the top speed runs are the closest city to Mandal. Approx 1 hour with a car, with a Phantom on a sunny day approx 35 mins. Hoho. I live close to Kristiansand, so if you come to Norway, you are more than welcome for a ride to see the inshore and offshore scenery here. Just amazing.

So the question is now; is potentially 3-4 mph worth the cost of USD 5,000 pluss VAT. Ha ha, ofcourse

Cheeers, Toffen
Not in my world brother! $5000.00 will buy a lot of fuel stateside. Wait a few years and you can maybe find a used prop. Trust me we have run some 41 herrings on a friends skater 160+. The though of hitting some debris made me cringe when driving the cat. Enjoy your 89 mph vee. I bet you can pass most other vees in your neighborhood.
Cheers Bob
Old 10-29-2018, 04:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Not in my world brother! $5000.00 will buy a lot of fuel stateside. Wait a few years and you can maybe find a used prop. Trust me we have run some 41 herrings on a friends skater 160+. The though of hitting some debris made me cringe when driving the cat. Enjoy your 89 mph vee. I bet you can pass most other vees in your neighborhood.
Cheers Bob
Some good points here The fuel in Norway are a bit more expensive than yours. We pay USD 8,5 per Gallon. However, a decent workshop for your boat charge you approx USD 180 per hour.... So boating is maybe the most expensive hobby up here.