Notices

Anyone know this cig??

Old 11-28-2018, 07:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I guess what I’m trying to say is if you see things like this walk away unless your willing to deal with a lot of BS
Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

No matter how you look at it. Many of the Guns and Cafe's that are at a price point 1986-1995 are truly approaching 23-34 years old. You have to expect some issues with these boats at some point. Even a little use and maintained, eventually stuff just deteriorates or wears out over time. Technology has advanced. No way is someone selling a fully equipped, turn key, museum piece with low hours, new drives, updated paint, etc for 35-40k. So you have to go into the boat and treat stuff and attack with a priority list. Look at the price of a new Top Gun. 400k vs 35k. Just a thought on the subject.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

HA!! Looks like you were crawling around the bilge of my Nordic LOL
Old 11-28-2018, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cigrocket
No matter how you look at it. Many of the Guns and Cafe's that are at a price point 1986-1995 are truly approaching 23-34 years old. You have to expect some issues with these boats at some point. Even a little use and maintained, eventually stuff just deteriorates or wears out over time. Technology has advanced. No way is someone selling a fully equipped, turn key, museum piece with low hours, new drives, updated paint, etc for 35-40k. So you have to go into the boat and treat stuff and attack with a priority list. Look at the price of a new Top Gun. 400k vs 35k. Just a thought on the subject.
Oh I totally agree...and that being said I would change something on any boat that I would buy...I'm not a buy it and run it as is kind of person lol...have to modify or customize everything I own...I guess its an addiction you could say hahaha

I'm mainly looking at expensive things...motors, drives, trailer, etc....to me the cosmetics or even SOME minimal rot isn't that big of a deal as long as its manageable and doesn't turn into a total gut job...which every project can go that way in a hurry trust me I know....I think you get my jist
Old 11-28-2018, 07:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cigrocket
exactly, as nice and clean as mine is, still needs lots of small cosmetics detailed as it’s 31 years old.. some of these none stock slugs are great starting point though, I did get mine super cheap that helps me wanna our koney intonit over the years, but also I do not expect to get it back also lol
Old 11-28-2018, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Right..I relate it to several cars I have done over the years...the value is the value..doesn't matter how much you've put into it there is no way you're gonna get it back...that's why if I were to buy this one for instance it would be a "forever" boat....or at least a loooong time boat
Old 11-28-2018, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The way I looked at it on this one in particular was...the drives and motors alone are damn near worth the asking price...so I figured hard parts alone if I was able to drive this thing untouched essentially in the mechanical department at least for say 2-3 years it would be money well spent...maybe I'm wrong but that's what I was looking at
Old 11-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
The way I looked at it on this one in particular was...the drives and motors alone are damn near worth the asking price...so I figured hard parts alone if I was able to drive this thing untouched essentially in the mechanical department at least for say 2-3 years it would be money well spent...maybe I'm wrong but that's what I was looking at
I agree, there is money to be made parting that out worse case, have to basically be a cash buyer to do that though. not a fortune there in parts but enough.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Right...me NOT being a cash buyer...it would be a fix and enjoy no matter what it took lol
Old 11-28-2018, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I've also been eye balling this one for quite awhile....the TRS drives scare me a bit tho

Any idea what kind of speeds could be seen out of this if the motors are what they say they are?? Didn't know if the flat decks were any heavier/lighter, faster/slower

https://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/54628

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.