Notices

Anyone know this cig??

Old 11-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
I've also been eye balling this one for quite awhile....the TRS drives scare me a bit tho

Any idea what kind of speeds could be seen out of this if the motors are what they say they are?? Didn't know if the flat decks were any heavier/lighter, faster/slower

https://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/54628
That's a Gun, not a Flat Deck. I would say those motors probably make 625HP-650HP. In the gun with TRS I would say 75MPH maybe a little more if the setup, wheels are correct. It has a Transom Notch.. If the TRS drives were done by Riggs as well as the motors, I would say this is extremely reliable. I'd much rather have TRS drives, then Bravos on a 1988 Top Gun. If you keep that horsepower you will have no problems with the drives. Parts are easy to come by despite what you might hear. Not to mention, sets of those drives often show up in the swap for decent/cheap prices. Of course you added quite a bit of money right off the Top.

Last edited by cigrocket; 11-28-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

oops lol...why does it look so much different than that other gun I posted originally?? the deck looks a lot flatter which led me to think it was a flat deck....that's good news on the drives....that was kinda why I posted that...would I be better off buying something more expensive like that or cheaper and making it my own over time....of course assuming both are same condition..minimal to no sizeable rot, good trailers, "reliable" power packages etc
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Probably more working room with your trade on this boat. So it may make you feel better, and numbers might work out for you. Obviously, same things apply...check out boat in person, leakdown/compression, survey...I personally like White...I had a 1993.

By the way, its the angle of the picture, but Flat Decks were done in 1986. Layout and look were different.

Last edited by cigrocket; 11-28-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

gotcha...kinda what I figured

I too love the white and in all honesty if I bought the original one it would be getting a white wrap more than likely until I painted it...love the simple look with the hawk on the front
Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
That's a Gun, not a Flat Deck. I would say those motors probably make 625HP-650HP. In the gun with TRS I would say 75MPH maybe a little more if the setup, wheels are correct. It has a Transom Notch.. If the TRS drives were done by Riggs as well as the motors, I would say this is extremely reliable. I'd much rather have TRS drives, then Bravos on a 1988 Top Gun. If you keep that horsepower you will have no problems with the drives. Parts are easy to come by despite what you might hear. Not to mention, sets of those drives often show up in the swap for decent/cheap prices. Of course you added quite a bit of money right off the Top.
I agree with all of this, if you can throttle it and do not railroad the hell out of it the drives should be ok, but they are at limits, when I was at 600HP in my mistress I did not have many issues with drives, once I crested that and went high 600-700 hp I smoked them a lot...

Personally at 50,000+ I would buy a SSM gun... much better in my opinion, that's a lot for a TRS boat, but if its clean as it looks the rest seems done.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I've also been eye balling this one for quite awhile....the TRS drives scare me a bit tho

Any idea what kind of speeds could be seen out of this if the motors are what they say they are?? Didn't know if the flat decks were any heavier/lighter, faster/slower

https://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/54628
Happy to put a set of eyes on this for you if it is still there and you are interested.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That's kinda my thoughts regarding the price...I feel someone is trying to get the money out of it they put in it...my budget is around 50k assuming my heat is paid off..I don't think I can find a SSM gun for 50 unless it needs a lot of work...maybe I just haven't looked in the right place but all I have found is this TRS or that Konrad boat...80k range I found a lot of bravo boats which I absolutely do NOT want

What are the options in upgrading the TRS's?? konrads obviously but can they be converted to SSM for less money assuming I buy used??
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looking through pics, if you tried to make that other gun that nice you would have 90,000+ into it... engines on this one have WAY better parts, if I was looking this really is not a bad buy especially around 50,000... switch to Konrad or SSm later of drives become an issue, you would be ahead more buying the all white one.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Happy to put a set of eyes on this for you if it is still there and you are interested.
I need to call them and see if they'll do anything for me trade wise on my heat and I may take you up on that!! Thanks for the offer!!
Old 11-28-2018, 09:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's kinda my thoughts regarding the price...I feel someone is trying to get the money out of it they put in it...my budget is around 50k assuming my heat is paid off..I don't think I can find a SSM gun for 50 unless it needs a lot of work...maybe I just haven't looked in the right place but all I have found is this TRS or that Konrad boat...80k range I found a lot of bravo boats which I absolutely do NOT want

What are the options in upgrading the TRS's?? konrads obviously but can they be converted to SSM for less money assuming I buy used??
I agree you will NOT find a decent SSM gun under 50, I stole mine thank god when I did..

If a boat has nice paint, nice interior, nice engines and parts inside them, and also headers, and more... that adds up... you can spend 50,000 easily just in parts to build them engines, to me that's what I look at, "what will it cost me to build this'? I can assure if that boat was redone by a shop and not done himself he has well over 100,000 into it and then some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.