Notices

Anyone know this cig??

Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Very cool video!! So you're saying with no notch that porpoise would be a lot less evident??

My god I'm jealous lol...if I tried running in water like that I would get absolutely pounded and there would be a lot of broken sh!t in my boat hahaha
Old 11-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Not trying to push you to another company but have you considered looking into State Farm. I pay 400 a year for my go fast formula they e been great. Never gave me a hassle when I had to make a claim. I know everyone has a reason why they choose the insurance they do. But just a heads up. I use to use progressive then looked into State Farm and just on the boat I saved 1000 a year!!! More money for fuel!!!
Old 11-20-2018, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Its funny you say that...I have state farm for everything...house, trucks, cars, everything...so naturally when I got a boat they were my first call...not sure if its a Michigan thing or what but my agent told me they won't insure performance boats...I was shocked...and after that I shopped around and the only one that would write me was progressive...I've been around boats my whole life..working on them, driving them, towing them, the whole bit...but since I've never had a boat with insurance I was extremely high risk in everyones eyes and only progressive would write it so being they have my current policy I called them...I just wanted to get a baseline since I've heard outrageous numbers on here for insurance prices I wanted to make that my first call hahaha
Old 11-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Registered

Wow yea that’s crazy. I’ve always shopped around. My parents have had State Farm for close to 25years with their boat. They are Illinois. I used progressive for everything before switching to State Farm because they were the best rate for my motorcycle at the time. Then everything went to State Farm. It must be a state thing or they some how have mine catogorized as another boat. Yea when they quoted me the price I couldn’t believe how much heaped they were. I thought it was to good to be true. But I’ve renewed every year and they haven’t changed anything.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Registered

Btw I am jealous if you end up with it. Seems like a great deal. Hope to see you and the boat in the lake come summer time.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Will do...hopefully all the stars align and I can scoop it up...surprisingly my biggest fear being insurance was a pleasant surprise...checked with progressive yesterday who has my Nordic and its only 300 a year more than my heat..total was just over 1000 for the year

thanks for the input!!
do yourself a favor and do not put this boat with progressive. i am an independent agent in Michigan who carries them but would not write a powerboat with them ever again. had multiple issues with a few of my clients and will never write another one with them again.

shoot me a Pm if you wish and i'd be happy to try and set you up with someone better. im almost positive i can find you someone better than progressive for less $$ with better coverage as well.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Originally Posted by SKammeraad;4660089[b
]do yourself a favor and do not put this boat with progressive[/b]. i am an independent agent in Michigan who carries them but would not write a powerboat with them ever again. had multiple issues with a few of my clients and will never write another one with them again.

shoot me a Pm if you wish and i'd be happy to try and set you up with someone better. im almost positive i can find you someone better than progressive for less $$ with better coverage as well.
Ive heard this several times, you think all is well until you have a claim
Old 11-20-2018, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yea I will def be shopping around for insurance if this happens....waiting to hear back from Ed and the bank to see where we stand...if he will take mine on trade I'm thinking we will pretty much have a deal...not counting my chickens tho...still a lot be tween me and this beauty sitting in my barn lol

Smoke...regardless if I get this pretty girl or not we could hook up next summer...I always boat out of st joe but do want to do some traveling this summer as long as its not too rough for the little Nordic hahaha
Old 11-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Yea I will def be shopping around for insurance if this happens....waiting to hear back from Ed and the bank to see where we stand...if he will take mine on trade I'm thinking we will pretty much have a deal...not counting my chickens tho...still a lot be tween me and this beauty sitting in my barn lol

Smoke...regardless if I get this pretty girl or not we could hook up next summer...I always boat out of st joe but do want to do some traveling this summer as long as its not too rough for the little Nordic hahaha

im new to Lake Michigan the wife and I want to do some boating this summer. The bird I own I bought last summer and only used it a handful of times. We had a baby the beginning of this year. Didn’t plan to be on the boat this summer but would’ve loved to get out on the lake. But because of a shop that doesn’t know how to winterize properly it cost me a motor and a season with out my boat. Just got it back last weekend. I grew up in Illinois so we used the river all the time. Just been from Winthrop harbor down to Chicago a few times last year. It’s a fun cruise for my 27footer but would love to go bigger. Wish the money was in the bank for something like your looking at. One day it will happen. Anyways don’t know where I was going with this rant. Oh meeting up it be fun do donsomething. Don’t know much to do out and about on the lake. Would like to try to make it to Milwaukee this next season or road trip it to torch lake out in your area. Never been but hear it’s beautiful. Idk if it’s a like for our style of boats tho.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Torch lake is for sure on my bucket list this summer with either boat...huge sandbar and from what I've seen quite a few go fast boats....hardy dam hotboat weekend is another must hit...didn't make it this year but went last year and it was a blast...that's over by grand rapids area....cruising the river through downtown Chicago is a huge bucket list item for me as well....I think it would be so cool to cruise the river and park for the night and hangout downtown...I could do it in my heat but I would have to be really really weather conscious....

if you're looking to do any poker runs/fun runs check out WMO...west Michigan offshore...haven't been able to make an event yet but have heard great things about that group and I became a member earlier this spring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.