Commentary: Mercury Racing’s Real Miami Power Move

Notices

Commentary: Mercury Racing’s Real Miami Power Move

Old 02-14-2019, 12:03 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Commentary: Mercury Racing’s Real Miami Power Move

With demand for its 400-hp six-cylinder outboard engine still white-hot and a new 300-hp V-8 outboard coming on line, holding off on a more-powerful release in Miami this week made perfect sense for Mercury Racing, https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...ami-power-move.

From the OSO home page.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 02-14-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt,

Well said, but I will be looking for you August 14!

6 months and counting!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Registered

You say they will eventually develop a more powerful supercharged version, but the only reason to design a new motor from the ground up with a hot vee is for turbocharging. Not sure why I even care I am happy with my diesels getting 2 mpg going 50 mph!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:12 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by pstorti View Post
You say they will eventually develop a more powerful supercharged version, but the only reason to design a new motor from the ground up with a hot vee is for turbocharging. Not sure why I even care I am happy with my diesels getting 2 mpg going 50 mph!
My source said supercharging. But ... I'm completely content to wait and see.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Registered

How was it getting to and from the show this year?
Old 02-14-2019, 04:26 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by pstorti View Post
How was it getting to and from the show this year?
Miserable.

Jason Johnson and I are working on our Day 1 highlights story now. Transportation woes are mentioned.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Registered

I don't understand the whole transportation bashing thing every year. I understand that road access and parking is miserable, but you don't have to deal with it. The water taxis worked for us 2 years ago with literally no line and waiting was a few minutes. We were able to get to and from the show; enjoying great views, and a relaxing sunny ride with a breeze. Walked maybe 2 blocks from our downtown Hotel and right onto an water taxi. Actually I wanted to bum a ride with Bob Teague, who was picked up by you guys and John Tomlinson in a rib haha. Looks like maybe this year there are less water taxi pickup points? Still a great option for anyone visiting the show
Old 02-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Bad Ass TA WS6 View Post
I don't understand the whole transportation bashing thing every year. I understand that road access and parking is miserable, but you don't have to deal with it. The water taxis worked for us 2 years ago with literally no line and waiting was a few minutes. We were able to get to and from the show; enjoying great views, and a relaxing sunny ride with a breeze. Walked maybe 2 blocks from our downtown Hotel and right onto an water taxi. Actually I wanted to bum a ride with Bob Teague, who was picked up by you guys and John Tomlinson in a rib haha. Looks like maybe this year there are less water taxi pickup points? Still a great option for anyone visiting the show
While you're right it was convenient, downtown water-taxi service to and from the show was discontinued last year.

I am not a transportation engineer. But I have seen large-scale events handle transportation to their venues much, much better.

I'll be the first person to commend the organizers when they improve the situation, which in my experience did not happen this year. Until, about once or twice a year I'll ***** about it.