Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
They are going to hurt someones feelings with a little Marine 2.3. >

They are going to hurt someones feelings with a little Marine 2.3.

Notices

They are going to hurt someones feelings with a little Marine 2.3.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:38 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Indmar lost 50 percent sales as Malibu is a huge player in the market now making their marine engines in house. Thats 6000 engine sales that indmar lost for 2019. Also PCM pleasure craft marine is owned by correct craft --- a wakeboat manu in Florida. PCM engines and Crusader of South Carolina are owned by a wakeboard boat manu, NOT the other way around.. Seems like they are doing something right wake boat manus.

also Malibu is a public traded company and is doing better than any other boat builder public traded company ever did including Fountain.

Malibu owns a CC boat company and also owns Colbalt. They are on fire. Indmar out sells Merc over 2 to 1 in engine sales. Inboard vs Merc I/O s. for 2018. just saying

And Indmar is a small company compared to the Big 3 engine manu s.

Last edited by BUP; 02-15-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Would think that the Ecoboost from the Raptor would have good potential - 450HP and 510 ft lbs and only 449 pounds dry weight. I’ll start a Go Fund Me page to see how two Ecoboosts and Arneson’s work in the Velocity.

Cool stuff and we all benefit from any
additional choices resulting from these colaberations.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

I think Proline.

I sold Malibus in an earlier life and I was way impressed w/them. Quality, marketing and management.

Originally Posted by BUP
Malibu owns a CC boat company and also owns Colbalt. They are on fire. Indmar out sells Merc over 2 to 1 in engine sales. Inboard vs Merc I/O s. for 2018. just saying
Old 02-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the 350hp version of this Ecoboost in one of my cars and it's a strong engine. I can't wait to see where these engines and drives end up. Clearly Indimar saw a demand for this type of propulsion system from boat manufacturers otherwise they wouldn't have committed the R&D bucks. I'm thinking twins in a 27-28' jet boat would be a lot of fun, and I wouldn't have to worry about the hassles of props with kids around.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

keep in mind that alot of the big navy ships are jet drive so there has been a lot of development in recent years with jets for lots of applications. they can run in shallower water, turn on a dime with the right setup and are pretty durable compared to props.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
keep in mind that alot of the big navy ships are jet drive so there has been a lot of development in recent years with jets for lots of applications. they can run in shallower water, turn on a dime with the right setup and are pretty durable compared to props.
They can run in shallow water ONCE and then they have serious financial problems. The pump sucks the debris off the bottom and it takes the clearance out between the impeller and the wear ring and then the efficiency, which was poor to start with, goes to ****. Real expensive repair on a large KaMeWa.

Navy uses the pump by the way due to the fact that they feel troops in the water entering from the rear would not get bite by a prop, nothing more or less to it than that. If Jet's were so efficient then the tankers and cruise ships and such would be getting away from a prop.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:40 PM
BUP
Banned

keep in mind Merc use to sell about 1500 jet drive packages alone. If I recall for about 3 or 5 years even sold to Sea Doo. They used 2 stroke outboard powerheads.

Sugar Sand was Merc largest manu for about 650 to 750 jet drive packages per year. I know I was Sugar Sand dealer and at one time was a good size dealer for Sugar sand boats. And prob in 2008 I was Sugar Sand 3 rd largest dealer.

This 2.3 is fair better for a jet app than any outboard power head. Its lite and small packaged.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Also prob a way less of emissions in the water and in the air. And IMO this package would be really good for small lake water patrol / law enforcement - instead of their heavy old boat with 2 stroke 200 hp outboard that smokes like the stake. Possible good for fire rescue and FLOOD areas. Keep that in mind. flooding areas. would have worked well in Houston. Hell could of drove right into the living room of the flooded houses.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What’s the price on these? Are they available for repowers or new installations only?