Tabs on lil boats questions >

Tabs on lil boats questions

Notices

Tabs on lil boats questions

Old 04-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Thx but those would be wayyyy too big for mine.
Let me know if you're interested, they would be perfect for your boat. I'll snap a pic tomorrow when I'm turning wrenches.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Ill have to go back and find pixs of the old boat but Id think they were the 150's and dont remember the pump but may have that in pixs too.

Were yours mounted horizontal or even w/bottom??

Im wondering if that was part of my issue. Maybe too long too and why it was 10 MPH slower than the old/first Sonic.

I know everyones trying to help but Ive had a bunch of boats w/tabs and several fast ones and the Sonic w/the K-planes was the only one to fk w/me and it wasnt me.
Hell maybe the relays were sticking???
You could be running 45 MPH in/at a perfect attitude and tap one button, as quickly/lightly as possible and it would lay the boat on the side!
Mine were the s models w/the tapers to clear the drives.

Here is the space I have to work with on the Convincor.
Your boat is not too small for 280's and appears you have the room to mount them. I know from experience newer Checkmates (259) run much better with K-planes over Bennetts.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Livorsi 1050s on my 25’ Baja. Work great, keep the bow glued in some pretty rough stuff. Obviously when they’re full down they will cause bow steer. As long as you use some sense they work great for this size boat.

Almost looks like those Livorsi's have multiple adjustment holes for mounting the ram to the lower plate. Further out you put ram mount, you would decrease the speed/amount of plate movement and cure the issues of too fast movement and too much effect on hull.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

Nice catch. I missed that.
Top and bottom.

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
Almost looks like those Livorsi's have multiple adjustment holes for mounting the ram to the lower plate. Further out you put ram mount, you would decrease the speed/amount of plate movement and cure the issues of too fast movement and too much effect on hull.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Let me know if you're interested, they would be perfect for your boat. I'll snap a pic tomorrow when I'm turning wrenches.
If Gary doesn't end up interested I may be. PM Me info once you have it. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel

You are correct sir, the screws can be moved to adjust the tabs max up/down. For those that don’t know you can also get these tabs with the k-planes foot print.

Last edited by IGetWet; 04-26-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Almost = also
Old 04-26-2019, 04:30 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like being able to bury the bow when it
is lumpy and chug along on plane at 2200 with these all the way down.
We usually boat on Cumberland but will take the boat out in the Toilet (Lake Erie) early in the year before the funk starts growing.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dana tabs
Old 10-31-2019, 05:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Smart tabs

Hi everyone!
​​​​​​Little boats we were talking..i have small and light boat and i assembled smart tabs in my 16ft boat. It really stays in plane with very low speed and gives stability when drive no one but me on board. In Top speed they barely touches water so there i go lot of chinewalk...there is option for adjust them little stronger but not want to lose top speed 😁
Have no idea how they work over 20ft boats, any examples??
​​