Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP >

Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Notices

Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Old 06-27-2019, 04:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Man that sucks I am floored the crooks in the boating world, read so many horror stories, I hope he mans up and does the right thing...
Old 06-27-2019, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Man that sucks I am floored the crooks in the boating world..........
Unfortunately it's not just in the boating world. We are probably more aware of the situation in marine because of the centered focus of OSO (and the like). It come down to the pyramid effect, good news - 6 people hear about it, bad news 130+.

Hope the situation gets resolved....RIP Howard.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Try and enjoy your summer with your family in the Nortech. Hopefully this man Ric makes things right for you. Lot of really ****ty people is this world. Laugh, love , boat and drink heavily....this too will pass.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

How was the 40k paid? Guessing wired? My general rule of thumb, anything over 2-3k gets paid with a credit card for buyer protection. In the event sh!t like this happens you have recourse...call the lender for stop payment and it’s solved quickly.

Good luck with the new boat and resolving the matter with Arneson.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by hotstang46
This has nothing to do with Arneson vs #6. I could decided to put an alpha drive on there and if I payed for it I should have gotten it, or the refund after the parts cant be produced or whatever the real case is.
Who actually makes these ASD7's? Does Rik have a manufacturing plant or does Arneson Marine make them for Rik, or does Rik farm out the manufacturing?
Old 06-27-2019, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Who actually makes these ASD7's? Does Rik have a manufacturing plant or does Arneson Marine make them for Rik, or does Rik farm out the manufacturing?
He farms the manufacturing out.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
How was the 40k paid? Guessing wired? My general rule of thumb, anything over 2-3k gets paid with a credit card for buyer protection. In the event sh!t like this happens you have recourse...call the lender for stop payment and it’s solved quickly.

Good luck with the new boat and resolving the matter with Arneson.
Can one really go back to the CC company expecting them to retrieve funds on a transaction that took place weeks or months ago?
I understand your intended point but not everyone takes a CC, certainly not for a $40k transaction and those that do probably tack on another 3%.
IMO a purchase agreement w/ the terms spelled out very specifically including what occurs if one "fails to perform or if there's a breach of contract" would serve one better.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Can one really go back to the CC company expecting them to retrieve funds on a transaction that took place weeks or months ago?
I understand your intended point but not everyone takes a CC, certainly not for a $40k transaction and those that do probably tack on another 3%.
IMO a purchase agreement w/ the terms spelled out very specifically including what occurs if one "fails to perform or if there's a breach of contract" would serve one better.
Not to mention the interest accrued if not paid off during the grace period most cards provide.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

There’s something that needs to be noted concerning this matter.
Hotstang46 has done business successfully with Rik for the past ten years and has bought multiple packages from him.
In light of that I can understand why he had no reservations about sending the deposit.
I would likely have done the same in light of the past dealings.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Duplicate post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.