Notices

Ocean City Riot??

Old 10-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi

You just described “Harley Guy”. My neighbor comes down my street all the time and I know almost the exact second he is gonna rev it as he coasts to a stop at the corner. I used to ride so I know the difference between “Harley Guy” reving it because he thinks it’s cool and a down shift.... “Harley Guy” is just as annoying as “Fart Can Honda Guy” and “Hell Cat Guy”. “Hell Cat Guy” is the guy that finds it necessary to rev his Hellcat up next to my 14 Chevy SS. Granted my car has had some work to it and has a fairly aggressive cam.... But that doesn’t mean I am going to race you every light, corner, etc. “Hell Cat Guy” thinks it’s go time, all the time....
I love that commercial !

WANNA GO !!!
WANNA GO !!!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

They nailed it.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie

that is awesome! I can’t believe I have never seen that before.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there for the whole weekend. What a **** show ! Was sitting at a light, Mazda rotary was just free revving and then he grenaded the motor !! I never laughed so hard in my life. 4 guys jumped out to PUSH it off the road. Took me an hr. to go I/2 way up Coastal Hwy. Fri and sat nites didn't quiet down till at least 3 or 4 in the am. Cops could in reality do very little although they wrote thousands of tickets and impounded many cars. Saw about a dozen in cuffs.

I go to the spring and fall cruise in shows every year and all this does is ruin it for us. The cops hold over their grudges for us. Last fall was the 1st time the fart cars were there 2 weeks before us. Cops really made it hard on us.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
so by this logic the people that complain about our boats being too loud are justified, correct?
Old 10-02-2019, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

H20 is supposed to be a VW/Audi/BMW/Porsche gathering....but just like anything these days a bunch of other idiots show up and ruin a good thing.
I have always had some nice muscle cars since I got my license (mostly Chevy's) but over the years I also owned some very nice, well built Honda's (currently still have a restored 93 Prelude). While I understand everyone has there own cup of tea , I will never understand why its ok for someone to think a V8 car, Boat, a diesel truck or Harley can have an obnoxious exhaust. But God forbid if a 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, rotary car is even a little loud with a performance exhaust its not ok. (V8s sound better is an opinion not a fact).

The term "fart can" just like "ricer" is overused and outdated. Most of these cars in the video are not even Japanese. Also most of these turbo cars nowadays with the anti-lag 2 stage you heard popping have hood exit exhausts straight off the turbo , there is no "can".

However that said I completely understand the frustration of idiots taking over a city and being dangerous on public streets and that is NOT ok. You would never catch me there with any of my cars. But don't blame the cars , blame the moron owners. Most are clueless idiots that just try to follow a trend. Facebook and Instagram have greatly contributed to these dip****s getting together, taking over an event and causing chaos. Just to post a video later to try and impress their friends.

Last edited by CT River Baja; 10-02-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ph1971
When I was a kid in the 80’s my muscle car buddies and I would never do anything so loud,obnoxious,or illegal. Especially not with underage girlfriends in the car or under the influence. And we definitely wouldn’t run from the cops when they came to break up the parking lot Grand Prix. The nerve of these punks today....
Honestly? Come on man maybe YOU didnt but to act like nobody in the 80s ever did a huge burnout, doughnuts in the road or drove around with open headers at 1am is ridiculous. My Dad has told me plenty of crazy stories of street racing and other crazy car antics from the 70-80s.
I recall one story of a teenager in the late 80s that died on my street because he was sitting on the hood of his buddies Camaro while they did doughnuts and He fell off split his head and got ran over....

Last edited by CT River Baja; 10-02-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:58 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Having spent 2 nights there, after a while I found it entertaining. Yes the gridlock was maddening, yeah it got tiresome trying to go to bed. Seriously, I'd rather see a '67 396 Chevelle SS, same vintage GTO, Cuda's, Mustang's, et al. But they don't make them anymore, the car industry gives us frumpy looking potato styled cars...so what's a kid supposed to fix up and mess with? We screw around with our loud boats, is that really any different? I've seen idiots in our hobby rev their engines for no reason other than to irritate people at a dockside restaurant, same sh!t as far as I'm concerned. I did not see any riots, drunken escapades, fights, although I know they were around, there's dooche bags in all walks of life. I mostly saw kids farting their cars, taking vids, taking pictures, yelling for burnouts (who here hasn't smoked tires before?), and generally messing around with their stuff.

There were plenty of legit cars there however, again not my style but I'm just old and like the stuff I grew up with, I don't want to be an old fuddy and look down on other peoples interests because they're not like mine. But will I go next year if they have a FC gathering? No way.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe its called adolescence LOL

I have to agree with the poster who said " They don't make muscle cars anymore,This is what they have to tinker with.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
I believe its called adolescence LOL

I have to agree with the poster who said " They don't make muscle cars anymore,This is what they have to tinker with.
Adolescence is indeed the main factor.
They still make muscle cars , Camaro, Mustang, Challenger for instance, but most of the youth nowadays has no interest in them. Typically they are considered to be reserved for the Baby Boomer crowd. The same Guys that say "fart cans" and "rice burner" about these kids cars doesn't help this either. They instead develop an Import vs Domestic rivalry/hatred. Even 17 years ago I was the only one in my high school with a Z28 Camaro.There was 2 Mustang's also. BUT Everyone had modded Civic's , Integra's and GTI's. Which most of my friends thought were way cooler than my much faster Z.
Also high insurance costs, and the fact you will see 10 of these modern muscle cars on the road in one given day with mostly older Women driving them, makes them not so cool or rare to own to these kids. The older muscle cars of the 60s and 70s I once dreamed of owning as a kid are now almost impossible to own or build nowadays as well due to the insane prices that they command from Guys trying to relive their Youth.
You cant really blame these Younger Guys for wanting to do their own thing with older 90s German and Japanese sports cars that are much cheaper to buy and build. My 2 cents.

Last edited by CT River Baja; 10-02-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.