Notices

Ocean City Riot??

Old 09-29-2019, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Ocean City Riot??

I saw a news post that there was chaos in Ocean City MD last night Hopefully it didnt effect any of the teams/race site. Ive been to that race several times and it just doesnt seem like a place that would happen... What did happen????
Old 09-29-2019, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's the highly annoying H2O car show going on down there this weekend. That show is not sponsored by the city and causes chaos every year. I watched videos last night of people lighting fireworks off in the middle of coastal highway and doing donuts and burnouts in the intersection at the same time. That crowed of rice burner loving teens is out of control and they get crazier every year. I'm a big fan of and attend the Back to the Beach and the Endless Summer classic cars shows every year. Those shows are sponsored by the city and its becoming more and more difficult every year for the people putting on that show to get permissions and get it organized with the city due to the actions of H2O.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Its all about that H2O car meet. It’s not official or permitted through the city. Basically a big Facebook invite and people show up.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:32 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Was in OC Fri/Sat/Sun. H2Oi non-official event. Basically its a Fart Can gathering, probably 2-3000 cars pretending to be that stupid Fast Furious movie. Too grid-locked with Fart Cans to do anything too stupid. Annoying as hell. Didn't see any riots and was pretty much all over the island, wasn't aware of a race or any offshore stuff.

This was it all day and night, super hard to get anywhere or get any sleep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYI...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-29-2019, 08:28 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

The video sounded like a bunch of weed eaters.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:37 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Besides the usual fart-canning they're doing this backfire thing, not the usual pop-pop-pop but instead a real concussive bang, quite alarming at first. They must be injecting fuel directly into a reinforced exhaust and igniting it.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Or they have fried their exhaust valves
Old 09-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1,330 Likes on 742 Posts

I thought they were just holding them on the rev limiters,,,,,,,,,, WTH is the point in that?
Old 09-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Besides the usual fart-canning they're doing this backfire thing, not the usual pop-pop-pop but instead a real concussive bang, quite alarming at first. They must be injecting fuel directly into a reinforced exhaust and igniting it.

It's called anti-lag for turbo drag cars and now every turbo car thinks it is cool. It works by delaying the ignition timing very slightly to balance an inherent loss in combustion efficiency with increased pressure at the charging side of the turbo. This is achieved as a small amount of fuel/air mixture escapes through the exhaust valves and combusts in the hot exhaust manifold spooling the turbocharger creating higher useable pressure.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

When I was a kid in the 80’s my muscle car buddies and I would never do anything so loud,obnoxious,or illegal. Especially not with underage girlfriends in the car or under the influence. And we definitely wouldn’t run from the cops when they came to break up the parking lot Grand Prix. The nerve of these punks today....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.