Old 11-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

"To finish first, first you must finish.”
Old 11-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks Matt, see we fans need more detailed reporting on each boat, so some of us don’t get opinion info. LOL

and just for the record- I never think what Vinny or any of these guys do is embarrassing, obviously that word went a little far with everyone and stuck. But you can have embarrassing races and performances it’s all part of the sport of competition, that I hope we all can agree on. I have big respect for the guys that do it. And the embarrassing word was taken out of context I feel in the grand scheme of things.

you have to remember that most people watching just see a boat far behind and don’t know about maybe why that is like the Team’s agenda.

Just wanted to Clarify my comments. I know it can be taken wrong in writing. Trust me if it was in person I’d get the point across better.

with that said- I think it’s great there is another team in the class PERIOD.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Some of what you saw was Jeff Harris’s talent on display. He is one of the best, albeit underrated, racers of the modern era.
its easy to look good when you have 1750 merc's and everyone else has 800ish naturally aspirated motors isnt in. not taking away from jeff but this wasnt about talent as much as it was $$$$$$
Old 11-13-2019, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Mr. Curtis seemed to be pretty impressed about how this hull ran in its initial water test. Congrats on its first taste of competition and I look forward to seeing it stretch its legs in the future.

​​​​​​https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...4m1LRyrql9_xZw
Old 11-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They did their debut perfectly.

Remember the red and black Skater V hull ,s maiden run ?
after some tweaking it beame UNSTOPPABLE .

I hope youre team that success

If you ,and DEPENDABLE run OPA ( a tech race organization } you will be the ones to watch IMO.
Nice first race
Old 11-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

They did awesome . Congrats to Vinny and Simon and there entire crew and there families. All great people . Perfect for the sport. Can’t wait to watch them grow as a team
Old 11-13-2019, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollin1405
For those who gave compliments, Thanks. We under propped on purpose all week to learn the boat, not sure how that's embarrassing. We had one hour in the boat before KW and didn't want to F-up. We didn't spin out, roll the boat or break. We finished every race. To us that was a success. It's the toughest class to step into in all offshore racing with all the big name veterans in it. For the nay sayers, if you think it was so embarrassing why don't you get one and join the class and see how you do on your first time out in KW. Everyone in our class was impressed with our performance. We passed a boat on wednesday and sunday thats been racing all season.
Beautiful boat! I saw her at the OL factory when my friend Marc was grinding away - he had a huge smile on his face working on that boat!

Totally understand. When my son and I raced in our first OPA race (Class 6) in 2015, we finished the Warlock 3 days earlier and had about 1 hour of experience running the boat too. We stayed way on the outside so we wouldn't get in the way of any serious racers and finished the race. To our surprise, we beat a boat - came in 10th out of 11! :-)

I laughed when my son took his hand off the wheel to wave to the helicopter. We were having fun and learning. This was from that race:

Old 11-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Mr. Curtis seemed to be pretty impressed about how this hull ran in its initial water test. Congrats on its first taste of competition and I look forward to seeing it stretch its legs in the future.

​​​​​​https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...4m1LRyrql9_xZw
didn’t Steve Curtis basically design this boat for Qatar originally ?
Old 11-13-2019, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Thanks Matt, see we fans need more detailed reporting on each boat, so some of us don’t get opinion info. LOL

and just for the record- I never think what Vinny or any of these guys do is embarrassing, obviously that word went a little far with everyone and stuck. But you can have embarrassing races and performances it’s all part of the sport of competition, that I hope we all can agree on. I have big respect for the guys that do it. And the embarrassing word was taken out of context I feel in the grand scheme of things.

you have to remember that most people watching just see a boat far behind and don’t know about maybe why that is like the Team’s agenda.

Just wanted to Clarify my comments. I know it can be taken wrong in writing. Trust me if it was in person I’d get the point across better.

with that said- I think it’s great there is another team in the class PERIOD.
maybe you should have thought about this before you posted what you originally did! Engage brain before starting mouth!!!!
Old 11-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
It did look good. I have some video of it running but can’t download it from my phone?
Video needs to be uploaded to youtube or similar, then posted as a link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.