I know its not water but.... >

I know its not water but....

Notices

I know its not water but....

Old 11-06-2002, 04:35 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I used to race Karts with my father and brother in upstate NY... It was a great time for us all.. I learned alot about controling different situations while driving at a early age, and I do believe it has helped me even today. We raced boith the WKA and IKF series at one point. Im not sure if they still do it but we started racing at the balston spa fairgrounds on a asphalt road course track we built in(out of) the midway. If anyone lives up around the saratoga/balston spa area they should check it out in the summer months... good FREE fun to watch!

Congrats JROCKET... I know personally how hard that is to do!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The carts are single gear not shifter carts and very very competitive and equal in power so a win comes from the driver seat driving smart and making decisive moves during the course of the race Usually 25 lap sprints. This past weekend was in Charlotte for a 300 lap with a pit challenge (kind of once a year deal) The cart speeds vary on the sise of the track and gearing. But see regular excess of 80+. The carts have minimum weight reqms and with age differences restrictor plates to regulate speed. Thanks for all your comments I really swelled up with pride this AM when I got to read all your posts, couldnt get out of briefing yesterday long enough to check back.
This is the finish to clinch his National points win, notice the span between him and 3 wide 2nd
Attached Thumbnails I know its not water but....-peacock-lead2.jpg  
Old 11-07-2002, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Congratulations to Hunter!!! (and the proud Father!)

I miss my old Reed Heavy days. Did I just date myself?
Old 11-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

For those who haven't experienced Kart Racing, here is a pretty cool video clip off the net

http://fulltiltracing.com/galleries/...lip5_large.avi
Old 11-07-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

Cool video Did you do road courses? He stick to go fast turn left theory hard enough to set up for left turn only!

Thats pretty intense stuff, they really dont have more than a door size to pass really deep concentration just one aw sh%^ and youre lookin at the back of 30 carts

Last edited by jrocket; 11-07-2002 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:56 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow, shifter karts no less.... nice video!... Always wanted to run one of those... We ran Sprint karts mostly on dirt, but had asphalt set ups as well. We raced stock medium(me and my father), stock light(brother) and limited modified and/or the open class depending on the track we were at. Im sure the chassis technology has come a LONG way from when we were racing. I think we had a pretty nice set up when we ran the circuit, with the enclosed trailer that held all 4 karts as well as all the spare motors/tires and tools. Does anyone know if coyote chassis is even around anymore? Man this brings back memories...
Old 11-07-2002, 10:25 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

A son to be proud of!!! Sometimes it's so rare to find these days...Keep up the good work!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-07-2002, 12:13 PM
jb
Registered

good deal. Keep up the good parenting!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered

jrocket, the shifter video is just one I pulled from the net a while back. The shifters weren't around back in my day. We raced sprint on asphalt tracks. Never saw an oval coarse but that would have been fun to try. Keep up the great bonding with your Son. Kart racing is among my fondest memories of time spent together with my Father.

Chris, Coyote karts are still around. Here is a link to their site. http://www.coyotekarts.com/