Like Tree10Likes

Tennesee lakes

Old 12-10-2019, 01:07 PM
  #21  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Syracuse Ny
Posts: 1,312
Default

Originally Posted by payuppsucker View Post
Phil, I guess the lake area is similar to most other rural areas around the country. When we went to LOTO last June I did notice that waterfront property values there were a little softer than Pickwick. I'm guessing the reason for that is because LOTO is so much bigger and there's more available.
The Memphis economy isn't doing near as well as Nashville, but that's pretty much always been the case.
I'm not sure how much of your business comes from the local boating community (say within 200-300 miles) but if it's a substantial amount you wont have that here because we just don't have the number of performance boats that you guys have up there.

BTW, did you ever come down here and get that train wreck of a trailer you bought?

virtually almost none of my business revolves local. Maybe 10% if that. We are drawing from around 18 hr radius at this point. We were just wondering about where you can actually boat for pleasure in TN or the surrounding areas. We are spoiled up here with a lake every 20 minutes. So weekend hauls of 5 hours to go somewhere cool isnt appealing to us. and no one wants to live in poor rural areas so we just didnt know what kind of economy was down there. LOTO is weird cause its a tourist town , we dont want that either. We looked into nashville area before, not sure where a good boating area is within a couple hours of there.

and no i didnt, got some feller on Uship to haul it up here. The shipping bill was worth more than the trailer. My lord what a pile of ****. Give your buddy a hand shake for me, he wouldnt send me his address to send him anything for helping me out in that fiasco!
payuppsucker likes this.
315duramax is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 01:33 PM
  #22  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KY
Posts: 2,320
Default

Lots of water around Nashville, J Percy Priest Lake and Cumberland river

Dale Hollow is within the 2 hour window. Just look at the map of Nashville and see all
AllDodge is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 02:45 PM
  #23  
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member
 
Jim Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paducah, Ky
Posts: 1,245
Default

Originally Posted by 315duramax View Post
virtually almost none of my business revolves local. Maybe 10% if that. We are drawing from around 18 hr radius at this point. We were just wondering about where you can actually boat for pleasure in TN or the surrounding areas. We are spoiled up here with a lake every 20 minutes. So weekend hauls of 5 hours to go somewhere cool isnt appealing to us. and no one wants to live in poor rural areas so we just didnt know what kind of economy was down there. LOTO is weird cause its a tourist town , we dont want that either. We looked into nashville area before, not sure where a good boating area is within a couple hours of there.

and no i didnt, got some feller on Uship to haul it up here. The shipping bill was worth more than the trailer. My lord what a pile of ****. Give your buddy a hand shake for me, he wouldnt send me his address to send him anything for helping me out in that fiasco!
Nashville area you have Percy Priest and Old hickory, 2-4 hour drive you have Lake Cumberland, KY Lake, Lake Barkley, Pickwick, Chattanooga.
Jim Diesel is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 03:35 PM
  #24  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Collierville, TN and Pickwick Lake
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by 315duramax View Post
and no one wants to live in poor rural areas
“Rural” areas around here are definitely not “poor” areas.
Nashville is cool but real estate has gone through the roof in the past few years.
A buddy of mine bought a house in the West End area back in the summer......
2600 sq ft, built in 1964, great “original” condition but no updates or renovations ever except for central heat/ac.

Paid $610k and was happier that a punk in a penitentiary.

I was like “you’re kidding, right”?
payuppsucker is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 03:42 PM
  #25  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Knot 4 Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central IL, LOTO
Posts: 7,432
Default

Originally Posted by payuppsucker View Post
“Rural” areas around here are definitely not “poor” areas.
Nashville is cool but real estate has gone through the roof in the past few years.
A buddy of mine bought a house in the West End area back in the summer......
2600 sq ft, built in 1964, great “original” condition but no updates or renovations ever except for central heat/ac.

Paid $610k and was happier that a punk in a penitentiary.

I was like “you’re kidding, right”?
Wife and I fell in love with Franklin a few years back and thought it would be a nice area to retire in. Then we priced homes and said "Nevermind"!
Knot 4 Me is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 04:37 PM
  #26  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Collierville, TN and Pickwick Lake
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
Wife and I fell in love with Franklin a few years back and thought it would be a nice area to retire in. Then we priced homes and said "Nevermind"!
Exactly.........
payuppsucker is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 05:20 PM
  #27  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Germantown, TN/Pickwick Lake
Posts: 145
Default

My Dad retired from TVA so we've been going to Pickwick as long as I can remember. Pickwick is, as someone has said before, "a good time for a town with no red light..." The powerboat scene is not as strong as it once was since Pier 57 sold and raced boats. We had around 30(?) for our run to Florence, Alabama this past year so I thought that was pretty good being inland with no "draw" other than the run...? The lake is indeed beautiful and the weather is mild. We get some single digit days but it has usually moved on within the week. Home prices on and around the lake vary depending on many factors. The range seems to be $500K-$6M on the water. Off water homes are much less and you can get nice amenities close enough to walk, or golf cart to a slip if needed. Aqua Yacht Harbor is the most full service marina there and Woods has Grand Harbor Condos & Marina with a couple of 8-10 story apartment buildings and a well stocked ship store on site. The lake is populated with runabouts, pontoons, houseboats, wake boats, (Tenn-Tom is skiers paradise) and cruisers 29-80 feet.
We certainly love it and look forward to showing anyone the lake when you come our way!

Now payupsucker, tell us how that screen name came to be....?
payuppsucker likes this.
Lute Dickey is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 05:43 PM
  #28  
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,780
Default

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel View Post
Nashville area you have Percy Priest and Old hickory, 2-4 hour drive you have Lake Cumberland, KY Lake, Lake Barkley, Pickwick, Chattanooga.
Most of them doable by water, forget the trailer.
GLENAMY 242SS is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 06:01 PM
  #29  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Collierville, TN and Pickwick Lake
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by Lute Dickey View Post
My Dad retired from TVA so we've been going to Pickwick as long as I can remember. Pickwick is, as someone has said before, "a good time for a town with no red light..." The powerboat scene is not as strong as it once was since Pier 57 sold and raced boats. We had around 30(?) for our run to Florence, Alabama this past year so I thought that was pretty good being inland with no "draw" other than the run...? The lake is indeed beautiful and the weather is mild. We get some single digit days but it has usually moved on within the week. Home prices on and around the lake vary depending on many factors. The range seems to be $500K-$6M on the water. Off water homes are much less and you can get nice amenities close enough to walk, or golf cart to a slip if needed. Aqua Yacht Harbor is the most full service marina there and Woods has Grand Harbor Condos & Marina with a couple of 8-10 story apartment buildings and a well stocked ship store on site. The lake is populated with runabouts, pontoons, houseboats, wake boats, (Tenn-Tom is skiers paradise) and cruisers 29-80 feet.
We certainly love it and look forward to showing anyone the lake when you come our way!

Now payupsucker, tell us how that screen name came to be....?
Hey Lute, what’s up?
It’s Kelly.
I’m not gonna ignore your question.
I’m just gonna pretend I didn’t see it.
Some of these guys on here don’t know me personally so they probably think I’m a pretty nice guy.
I’d just as soon keep it that way. 😁
endeavor1 likes this.
payuppsucker is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 06:14 PM
  #30  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Germantown, TN/Pickwick Lake
Posts: 145
Default

Lute Dickey is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser