Notices

390 Nortech

Old 12-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

More progress...boat should be moved from main rigging center to the other yard for final portion of build and paint.

Itís awesome to see how quickly things pick up and come together!

Old 12-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I saw your boat being moved this afternoon in Cape Coral. I couldnít get a good look at it, but I think it was yours
Old 12-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Registered

What?! They moved my boat!?

jk! Iím anticipating the move from rigging center to main yard this week. Which is perfect Iím flying down thurs/fri for a walk through and finalization. Did you take any pics?!

hereís an update I received today.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What’s the plan for the hull of your boat, a wrap?
or is it scheduled for paint following rigging?
Old 12-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Registered

The latter, the final paint for hull and motors will take place at the main factory.

Here's the original rendering.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

That will look great, love the color and design. Friend of mine just got his a few months ago, sent to V-Imigination here in MO for final paint. If yours is what the factory will do in-house thats nice
Old 12-17-2019, 05:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder why they paint some boats before heading to the rig shop and some boats after rigging? Mine was pained before it went from Ft. Myers to Cape Coral.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:43 AM
Registered

That makes sense, mine was assembled and painted in similar order.
Blue NT center consoles seems to be a popular color choice over the past few years.
Used to be gray back in 2014-2016.
I had a guy looking for a boat who was referred to me but refused to buy my boat b/c it wasn't blue.
Tall order since he was hunting a boat 2 weeks before Key West poker run.

Nor-Tech has an excellent in house painter, his name is Paul D.
He painted all 3 of of my boats.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by erik1976 View Post
I wonder why they paint some boats before heading to the rig shop and some boats after rigging? Mine was pained before it went from Ft. Myers to Cape Coral.
I believe it has to do w/ shop work flow and how each dept is tracking.
They can't have boat sitting idle waiting on paint.
Some take longer to paint than others as do some take longer to rig.

Painted first is easiest for the paint shop initially but typically results in many touch ups / do overs.
Painted last means least exposure to riggers and others before delivery but more to tape off and work around.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT View Post
That makes sense, mine was assembled and painted in similar order.
Blue NT center consoles seems to be a popular color choice over the past few years.
Used to be gray back in 2014-2016.
I had a guy looking for a boat who was referred to me but refused to buy my boat b/c it wasn't blue.
Tall order since he was hunting a boat 2 weeks before Key West poker run.

Nor-Tech has an excellent in house painter, his name is Paul D.
He painted all 3 of of my boats.
Ha well, as you very well know, everything's for sale! Can send him a picture of mine when its done....

The workflow is amazing, they are pretty efficient with their build process- almost to a fault. They have given decent push back on "over customization" as it disrupts the chain and sequence. Which is nice because you get the boat on time although, it limits what else you can add to the boat. My boat went into production August 21 and they gave me a Late January delivery date, and that seems to be spot on. There are a few new custom items they are doing for me, so I do give Bob @ So-Flo lot of credit for making that happen and pushing Nor-tech.
It was also explained to me just like Nascat stated. They really prefer to have the hull painted as the last step in the build as it creates he least amount of liability and headaches for them with touching up and tip-toeing. Only parts I painted inside the boat was the helm seat and the console itself. So, that's a decent of paint to worry about not damaging but, not nearly as much as the nortechs that have all the gunnels and stuff painted. That must be a nightmare to work around but hey they figure it out and boats all come out beautiful.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser